Infamous GPS taking forever to lock

bitter

Reaction score
I've researched this for what seems like weeks now. I've tried multiple apps, and I've done the clearing of the cache of the maps, framework and reinstalling Google Maps updates with no results. Can anyone please help? I am not rooted.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I've researched this for what seems like weeks now. I've tried multiple apps, and I've done the clearing of the cache of the maps, framework and reinstalling Google Maps updates with no results. Can anyone please help? I am not rooted.

I had the same issue as you. My gps on my s3 would not lock. I actually tried 1 app that made it lock on 1 time. But after that one time I couldn't lock on. I have insurance on my phone. So I contacted Verizon and they sent me a certified pre owned s3. Now it locks on within 3-5secs. Just contact Verizon for a replacement. That's what I would do.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried GPS Status app ? It makes my devices get a lock in a few seconds, even inside.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Have you tried GPS Status app ? It makes my devices get a lock in a few seconds, even inside.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Yeah, this doesn't help me either unfortunately.

kparks

Reaction score
My gps has not worked in months and sometime I really need it.. and its just another check on the POS list against this phone I'm done with Sammy!

Wakenup23v

Reaction score
Call Verizon. After they gad me try a few things, they sent me a new (probably refurbished) phone. No issues now.