Individual Contact Ringtones

jskrieg04

Reaction score
I'm having trouble setting different ringtones for different callers in my contact list. I'm running Fission 2.4.3 (which I love, btw).

At first I thought the issue may be specific to my custom ringtones. However, I'm able to set my custom ringtones as the Default Ringtone for all callers. But when I try to set any ringtone, custom or one that came on the phone, to an individual contact, it doesn't work.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid. I have folder on my SD card named ringtones where I keep my custom ringtones. When I open contacts I select a contact, tap the contact, tap options, tap ringtone.

You may want to merge your custom ringtones with your music then select.

hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
J

jskrieg04

Reaction score
I've went into my contact and went to options and set the ringtone for specific contacts. My problem is, even though they are set, ony the ringtone set as my default ringtone plays.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry! I do not know why the custom ringtone is not over ridding the stock.

OP
J

jskrieg04

Reaction score
No biggie. I'm assuming its related to the Fission 2.4.3 ROM because I didn't have a problem with it before I started using it. Its not a huge deal as my phone is mainly on vibrate, but I'd still like to get it fixed if possible.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I've had the same problem since I rooted 6 months ago. I was on BB now I'm on Liquid and still has the same problem. Not really a big deal to me either. I've tried different ringtone apps but nothing has worked.

aceperkins

Reaction score
I am having same issue on fission 2.4 .3 any devs out there know how to fix this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App