Contact Ringtones

micp1480

Reaction score
After loading Fission I am unable to set custom ringtones to contacts, my Droid 2 keeps playing the default ringtone. I downloaded a program that I thought would take care of this, and still no good. Anyone have any suggestions? Driving me nuts,

MICP1480

adsfa34

Reaction score
After loading Fission I am unable to set custom ringtones to contacts, my Droid 2 keeps playing the default ringtone. I downloaded a program that I thought would take care of this, and still no good. Anyone have any suggestions? Driving me nuts,

MICP1480

Are you using an overclock script? One thing that can cause a contact-specific ringtone not to play is a "slow" minimum clock speed. The phone runs a process when you have an incoming call to check for a custom ringtone, and if that process doesn't complete "in time" then the ringtone will...well...default to the "default" ringtone (for lack of a better way to put it lol).

Try disabling any overclock scripts that you may be running and see if it fixes it. If not, then we can keep trying things :)

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
I am off to try this, and will let you know. Thanks.

MICP1480

louy99

Reaction score
Choose a contact, touch your menu button and choose options. You should see an option to change ring from default

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
I appreciate the suggestion about how to set the ringtone from default to what I want, which I already knew how to do. My problem is that I keep getting the default ringtone to play ignoring what I have set for that particular contact, even though the ringtone I want is displayed for that particular contact. I also took the suggestion of setting my MHz back to default, and that didn't work.

MICP1480

adsfa34

Reaction score
Hmm...are you using SetCPU at all? Any profiles?

Knowing me it's probably not cpu-related at all lol this happened to me before and it drove me NUTS because there's nothing more irritating than a "simple" detail you can't control...

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
I am not using set CPU, but rather Droid 2 Over Clock. The only thing I set was the voltages. That is why I said I set my MHz back to default just to see if that was the problwm, which was suggested. I am still unable to set the ringtones.

MICP 1480

louy99

Reaction score
now that you mention it...my phone is doing the same thing. i hope there is a fix for it soon.