Incurable Fence Sitter

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Hi. I've had my Droid X for a little over a month. I managed to get over most the bumps before I found this forum, so I'm here mostly just to keep updated. Also, I've been reading the RSS feed for a couple weeks. When I discovered I might actually know an answer or two I had to sign up. Answering questions I think I know the answer too is another incurable habit.

My primary computer is an iMac. I also have a couple iOS devices, and a Windows 7 netbook (which has languished since the iPad). I used to keep an Ubuntu laptop but Mom's computer died, so it was reformatted and exiled. I do have my preferences, but there are things I like and dislike about all the OS's and I find the haters on all sides equally irritating. The last thing I want is for any OS or company to win.

My primary focus is on apps that I can use across all my platforms. These days that mostly means cloud based.

(Edited: to replace 'evangelists' with 'haters'. I actually appreciate being told the good things about a product.)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I have a rooted Droid that works with my iMac and Mac Book Pro. You should be fine

OP
T

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't found a compelling (for me) reason to root or customize the ROM yet. If I do, I still plan on waiting until after the 2.2 update. No reason to do, undo, and do again with only a month to wait.