Introduction of new user

wbemmons

Reaction score
After proudly sticking with a "pure and simple" cel phone for the last 15 years, last month I was unable to replace the battery on my trusty, albeit limited, warhorse. And I had read good things about the Droid, had been impressed by their ads during bowl games . . . so, I made the switch, and am now, at 59, feeling like all the stupid old men who I used to laugh at because they didn't "get" computers.

I'm enjoying the Droid, learning how to answer it, sometimes even before the answering machine kicks in . . . Haven't been able to get my primary email delivered to the Droid, but I'm making progress, I think.

Very frustrated by the complete lack of a manual, and the weak version available from the official site. And surprised there isn't yet a "droid for dummies."

Enough for now - if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate any help you can offer in this stumbling leap into the 20th century . . . .

[email protected]

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome.....Search, Read, Ask......it's not as hard as some make it seem.

Sparty83

Reaction score
New as well

This is actually my second post, but I just wanted to say that simply by reading through this forum I have learned a great deal about the phone, how it works, and the great apps that are available for it. I didn't even bother reading anything Verizon gave me, preferring instead to read through here where the experienced users had already figured things out. It's not as hard as you think, just takes a bit of time sitting and playing with it. I've had it about a week now and I can't quit playing with it, that's how much I like it. This is one cool phone!! :motdroidhoriz:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You have come to the right place wbemmons for handling all your questions/issues/concerns

The members here are EXCELLENT and VERY helpful to "newbs" : )

Everybody at one time was in your exact situation so hang in there.

Welcome aboard. It's a pleasure to have you here.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:icon_ banana: Welcome to DroidForums wbemmons :icon_ banana:

The best manual I can send you to is our FAQ section. Click Here

And use the search function of the Forums too. Click Here

You will find the more you use it, play with it, you will also get better at using it. There is a slight learning curve, but nothing like phones I have had in the past.

Using the search feature above, will also answer many of your questions.

It's great to have you here, have fun in the forums !!!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
This is actually my second post, but I just wanted to say that simply by reading through this forum I have learned a great deal about the phone, how it works, and the great apps that are available for it. I didn't even bother reading anything Verizon gave me, preferring instead to read through here where the experienced users had already figured things out. It's not as hard as you think, just takes a bit of time sitting and playing with it. I've had it about a week now and I can't quit playing with it, that's how much I like it. This is one cool phone!! :motdroidhoriz:

:icon_ devil: Welcome Sparty83 to DroidForums :icon_ devil:

Yes, these are some really kewl devices !! We are glad you joined us here too !!!

We all went though the amazement phase too. Isn't it GREAT !!

Have fun, we hope you enjoy it here !!!