Incredibly frustrated with Facebook contacts sync - please help

HoboJoe

Reaction score
Today I went through the annoying process of manually putting in all my new contatcs in my droid. I went to make a call only to find that my contact had two numbers, one I put in and one facebook synced. I was unable to edit or delete the other number which hasn't been updated by my friend on his facebook. Syncing is turned off and has been, but is there a way to undo this or at least edit out the second number?

Thanks.

Reaction score
not sure how to fix your problem... but i recommend getting a google account and syncing with that so your contacts you spend all that time entering are backed up somewhere.

segen77

Reaction score
I've had the exact same problem. the verizon rep i spoke with told me that they would have to bring it up the next time they see the motorola rep. he said he would call me back, but who knows... if you get an answer, let me know...

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
If you are having the same problem I did here is what I had to do. You should have 2 separate contacts for one person. Delete the contact that doesn't have the facebook info. Go back and create a new contact. Make sure the name on the new contact is exactly like the other with facebook. Afer you create the new contact you will only have one contact and it will have all the facebook info and the new info. HTH

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
what I did was long press on the phone number in the non-Facebook contact, this gave me the option to make that number the default number for my contact.
I saved the contact.
Went back, opened the contact, pressed the menu button, and selected "edit contact." Once in the contact, I pressed the menu button again and pressed "join contact" and that got me to a menu of contacts to join - was able to do this and am happy with how my contacts are listed.

It might not have been the fastest way to do this, but it worked for me.