Incredible rollout still on track for beginning this weekend

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I just heard back from my source and they did some more checking no more than five minutes ago. As of right now, everything is still on track for the Incredible OTA to start rolling this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed. I trust my guy on this. His information has been as good as gold. If I hear anything more definite, I'll make sure to let everyone know. But as of now, the official OTA is supposed to start sometime over the weekend. If anyone sees one rolling in, please post up (of course, I know I didn't need to ask, that'll happen without a doubt.)

Havoc70

Reaction score
I hope so, but isnt this OTA via wifi only? if it is of course i will be out of town and no wifi :icon_eek:

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Doug is right, it will also be via 3G just will take longer to get the complete download because of the size. As soon as it starts rolling, I will make sure that everyone knows on here to start keeping an eye out for it. I know, I cant wait either. But it will be worth it. I'm sure of that.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The froyo sense leak Ive been running is great. You guys will love it

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I heard it really was amazing. If I had more time, I definitely would have rooted to enable it by now, trust me. And while I am thinking about it, Doug, thanks for all of your input on both Forums. You've been a wealth of info and a great help. I really appreciate it.

pepatrick

Reaction score
It took me about 15 minutes to update the radio. Then maybe 10 to use recover 3 and update the rom.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I have done the radio upgrade and that has been good on its own. I'm going to hold on rooting at the moment as I just don't have time to concentrate enough on doing it.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I heard it really was amazing. If I had more time, I definitely would have rooted to enable it by now, trust me. And while I am thinking about it, Doug, thanks for all of your input on both Forums. You've been a wealth of info and a great help. I really appreciate it.

No problem. Its why I come here. I understand how annoying a non-working phone can be. So i try to help others. I have my gtalk and twitter available to anyone who need assitance.

Last edited:
OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Here's another teaser. Just received another assurance. Along with that, there are supposed to be MAJOR fixes to the Incredible included with this. And here is one thing that will make the Motorola Droid people envious. It looks like we will be getting the new Flash integrated while Motorola has to wait. At least that's the word.

inessi

Reaction score
hmm

soo are we talking like tommorow this weekend or saturday or sunday ?
pretty new to the whole incredible scene lost my moto d1 in a terrible get out of your car drop accident and insurance gave me this guy and im crying inside with the length of work required to root this sucker just so i can only manage like 2 roms, so im patiently waiting for this 2.2 starting to go crazy.
please dont let me down on this weekend i may cry lol. :(

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Word is that it actually should start tomorrow (Friday) night. Keep in mind, the whole rollout won't happen over the weekend. There is going to be some time for it to drop to everyone. If you're on the fence about rooting, I would say wait for the first reports of the OTA moving and then decide from there. Once it starts, I doubt it will be halted this time.

inessi

Reaction score
hoping for the best, id love me some flash experience on this 1ghz.
be wonderful to actually show my buddys jiu jitsu stuff while at training rather then have to explain everything .

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
18th

The word I saw was the rollout would be completed by the 18th. Cross your fingers. :welcome: 2.2