Incredible rollout still on track for beginning this weekend

Reaction score
Sorry guys..

Droid Incredible Froyo update not coming today, Verizon says on Twitter

Posted on Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010

Look, we've told you guys about rumors before. Especially unsourced rumors. They're a dime a dozen. And Mashable's rumor that the Droid Incredible would get Android 2.2 today is just another one of those bad rumors. We want Froyo on the DInc just as badly as you do (and probably almost as badly as Verizon at this point). It'll come when it comes. In the meantime, you can direct your anger toward the forums. [Twitter]

Droid Incredible Froyo update not coming today, Verizon says on Twitter | Android Central

Well that just sucks...but im not suprised..we knew it was coming..guess its time to root.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well that just sucks...but im not suprised..we knew it was coming..guess its time to root.[/QUOTE]

You give up to easy .. I'd still be thinking/hoping that was just a VZW rep who didnt know any better.. <g>

Reaction score
Well that just sucks...but im not suprised..we knew it was coming..guess its time to root.

You give up to easy .. I'd still be thinking/hoping that was just a VZW rep who didnt know any better.. <g>[/QUOTE]

Maybe so. But if i wait then ill hear another date and then wait til then and itll be over n over..ive been debating to root for awhile now but im tired of waiting..i wont be able to do it til the weekend so if the 2.2 isnt started by then ill root...

schoon

Reaction score
Oh well, I was all excited about it and then said to myself, does it really matter? It's still a great phone and the update will come when it comes. I do like this sale on the extended battery though, I'm certainly debating on whether or not to buy it right now.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

You give up to easy .. I'd still be thinking/hoping that was just a VZW rep who didnt know any better.. <g>[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, a member on IF talked to someone that said they were a senior supervisor about ongoing problems with their phone today. The supervisor indicated the OTA was supposed to go out today but they had to pull it because of how slow the Droid roll outs were happening. This threw the schedule off and they apparently have some things to fix on the actual roll outs and that they are going to try again towards the 28th. They indicated that would be the earliest.

We all know how Verizon can be with their information, so like I said, take that for what it is worth.

Chillenout

Reaction score

You give up to easy .. I'd still be thinking/hoping that was just a VZW rep who didnt know any better.. <g>

For what it's worth, a member on IF talked to someone that said they were a senior supervisor about ongoing problems with their phone today. The supervisor indicated the OTA was supposed to go out today but they had to pull it because of how slow the Droid roll outs were happening. This threw the schedule off and they apparently have some things to fix on the actual roll outs and that they are going to try again towards the 28th. They indicated that would be the earliest.

We all know how Verizon can be with their information, so like I said, take that for what it is worth.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine works for Verizon, and they said there's no such thing as a senior supervisor. There are local managers, area managers, directors and so forth. What they've also told me thru the years is to never, ever believe anything that Verizon says.....Verizon wouldn't know what the truth was even if it bit them on the ass...

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
A friend of mine works for Verizon, they said there's no such thing as a senior supervisor. There are local managers, area managers, directors and so forth. What they've told me thru the years is to never, ever believe anything that Verizon says.....they wouldn't know what the truth was even if it bit them on the ass...

That helps, thank you. :D

dantheman

Reaction score
For the $18 savings, I would say it's worth it. Have several people on the Incredible Forum with it and they all said it works really well.

Even better for me, I get a corporate discount of 25%, then was able to tack the additional 30% on top of that. Made the decision a no brainer. :D

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Sorry guys..

Droid Incredible Froyo update not coming today, Verizon says on Twitter

Posted on Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010

Look, we've told you guys about rumors before. Especially unsourced rumors. They're a dime a dozen. And Mashable's rumor that the Droid Incredible would get Android 2.2 today is just another one of those bad rumors. We want Froyo on the DInc just as badly as you do (and probably almost as badly as Verizon at this point). It'll come when it comes. In the meantime, you can direct your anger toward the forums. [Twitter]

Droid Incredible Froyo update not coming today, Verizon says on Twitter | Android Central

Hey, that's me! I'm famous! Damn... not the answer I wanted.