Incredible 2 Battery Life?

npro1464

Reaction score
Can anyone with a new Incredible 2 what the battery life is like? I know the Thunderbolt is dreadful, I was wondering if the Incredible 2 was better. How long can you go without a charge? How is it when compared with the iPhone 4 (the other phone I'm considering for my mom).

Deutsche_Goddess

Reaction score
I got my Incredible 2 yesterday.
I charged it fully & removed it from the charger at 8:30 this morning, it's now almost 8:30 PM & I still have 70% battery life.
It's great if you shut the background data off, don't run your wi-fi all day and such.
I had an iPhone & it's an AWFUL phone!
If it freezes, you can't do anything, the battery is built is so soft resets are impossible.
Definitely look into an Incredible 2.
I'm very happy with it, best Droid I've had yet.

info4tim

Reaction score
Had the inc 2 now for 4 days n its been just incredible!! Even with bt n WiFi on all the time! Stay away from 4g for now

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I got my Incredible 2 yesterday.
I charged it fully & removed it from the charger at 8:30 this morning, it's now almost 8:30 PM & I still have 70% battery life.
It's great if you shut the background data off, don't run your wi-fi all day and such.
I had an iPhone & it's an AWFUL phone!
If it freezes, you can't do anything, the battery is built is so soft resets are impossible.
Definitely look into an Incredible 2.
I'm very happy with it, best Droid I've had yet.

By far the best phone I've ever had, and I tried TB for 2 weeks and went back to Inc. The Incredible 2 battery life is fantastic.

Had the inc 2 now for 4 days n its been just incredible!! Even with bt n WiFi on all the time! Stay away from 4g for now

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

I agree. 4G was sketchy for me.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
All indications are that the battery life is phenomenal, much like the Incredible S (which makes sense since they're essentially the same phone). I need a global phone with great battery life, so I just might have to pick this one up. The off contract price makes the acquisition much easier as well.

uga81

Reaction score
I have had the Inc 2 since launch date and the battery life is great. I've been really following the NFL draft and have been using internet and email a lot, along with twitter. I did this all yesterday, unplugged at 7:30 AM (it was at 100 percent) and at 10:30 PM I had 22 battery percent life. With the DInc I would have to charge the phone in the middle of the day with all that use. I love this phone!

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Have you guys done anything to your phones? I got my inc2 on friday night and saturday it was fully charged at about 7am and i had to charge it about 4 hours later. I turned a lot of stuff off and set mail and status updates to manual but I was playing games on it the whole time. Is that normal?

uga81

Reaction score
I have bluetooth and Wi-fi off and the brightness turned down to 30%.

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Hmm I did that too guess I'll see how today goes

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Been off of charger for 26 hours. Light usage, lot of texting, wi-fi and Bluetooth on. My battery is at 70%.

I love this freaking phone.

4 solid of hours of gaming will drain any phone.

Deutsche_Goddess

Reaction score
Today, my battery is having some issues....
I unplugged it at 9 AM, it's 9 PM & I'm at about 30%.
I've sent/received maybe 15 texts today total.
Internet browsing for about 20 minutes.
I have my brightness turned down to like 30% & all my background data (wifi, gps as well) turned off.
Is it just me?

Any ideas?

I put on ATK & it seems to not being doing anything.
Set to Auto-Kill, Safe, When Screen Off.
Should I set it to aggressive?

I find it weird when I "kill" my apps, including my browser, when I pull my browser back up, it STILL has all my previously viewed pages open.

How do I fix this? Definitely think it's draining my battery.

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Get rid of your task killer that'll eat up your battery and there's no need for it

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Deutsche_Goddess

Reaction score
I was reading somewhere on another Droid Forum that if you uncheck the "Enable Always-On Mobile Data" it will greatly improve battery life.

Is this true?

By unchecking it, what am I sacrificing?

If I uninstall taskiller, what will close my apps?
I tried backing out but it doesn't work - since my browser ALWAYS keeps the tabs I had open the last time I used it.

mustascio

Reaction score
Android theoretically only allows one application to run at a time. Task killers just waste battery. If you want download quick restart from the market. Doesn't run all the time wasting battery but it will close all processes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Why are people still using app killers on a phone with 700mb of ram? Wtf?