Incoming group texts on DROID maxx

mvf

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble recognizing group messages that you receive? My maxx hd would list the other recipients after the sender's name. Now, I can only tell it's a group message if I tap the message. So, I have to tap every message to make sure it's not a group text? Can be awkward to reply and not know my reply may be seen by multiple recipients. Any help out there?

OP
M

mvf

Reaction score
Seriously? Is this site dead or what? Nobody else has this problem..... or sees this as a problem?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No, the site's not dead, but perhaps there are very few who get group texts and so there may not be any who are experiencing the same issues as you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally use Verizon Messages and when I send out a group text any responses I get come back as individual in their own thread. It's great for a blanket notification text but sucks if I want a group conversation between all going both ways. What I do for that is forward the individual response into the group thread.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

TatDroid

Reaction score
There's also a thread about this on the Moto X area, so I'm thinking this is something withe the new Moto Droids and X. On my X, group texts sometimes come in as a group (when my wife originates them from her iPhone), and sometimes they don't (when daughter originates them from her S4. And sometimes replies come in the group thread, but sometimes they come from the individual. When you go back and try to look at group text history there is no possible way to make sense of the conversation. It's frustrating and I hope Moto is addressing it!

krbr17

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble recognizing group messages that you receive? My maxx hd would list the other recipients after the sender's name. Now, I can only tell it's a group message if I tap the message. So, I have to tap every message to make sure it's not a group text? Can be awkward to reply and not know my reply may be seen by multiple recipients. Any help out there?

I am not having this problem with my new Droid Maxx -- group texts work perfectly, just as they did with my old Droid Razr Maxx -- but my wife is having the identical problem with her new Moto X. Has anyone out there with this group text problem exchanged their phone, and what was the result -- did the replacement phone work with group texts? Or is there anyone out there with a Moto X that works properly with group texts? Trying to gauge whether it's worth trying an exchange. Thanks!

OP
M

mvf

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I downloaded the 8sms kitkat stock messaging app from Google play. Now when I get group messages, it first comes as an mms from the sender. After I tap download, it shows up as a group thread and lists all the recipients. Not as easy as my MAXX HD, but it solves my problem. On more question: is there a toggle option for sending group messages so that recipients can reply to me only or everyone- depending on what I choose?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I use texra and group messages work great. I group message all day with no problems

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk