Incoming Calls

Bruce3431

Reaction score
I recently swapped out my Droid Pro for a new one as I was having all kinds of issues with my old one. The new (refurbished) Pro works great with one exception ... when I receive an in-coming call, the call quality is terrible. Scratchy and almost unintelligible. When I call the caller back, the phone works just fine.

Anyone else have this issue and can anyone help with a solution? Since I don't travel outside the USA, I removed the SIM card which helps battery life and use the CDMA network.

Thanks ...

tennvol

Reaction score
Did you try updating the prl

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
I'm sorry ... kind of a newbie here. The "prl?"

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its in the about phone section.

You can update manually by dialing *228 option 2 IIRC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
I did this and the incoming calls are still terrible. Any other suggestions?

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
I received my 2nd refurbished Pro from Verizon and activated it this morning. Same problem on the 2nd phone ... terrible reception on incoming calls. My only thought and perhaps others can share their thoughts on this ... I use My Backup Pro to backup all my apps and data. I restored them on both phones. Is it possible that one of my apps is somehow conflicting with my incoming calls? I just don't know what else it could be. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Astaroth

Reaction score
I would factory reset the phone and try it that way, then restore your backup and try again.

OP
B

Bruce3431

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your response. I did that to the first (refurbished) phone I got as well as the original with no success. I'm leaning towards a software conflict but was waiting to see if anyone else had ever had this issue. Thanks again.