Inc2 Battery Life

ABQNM

Reaction score
Hmmm... I am not getting anywhere near the bat life most of you are boasting. (10-12 hours on average) Do you think Wordfued and Aqua Pets really takes up that much? When I check, my Display is suckin up about 80%... Everything else seems to stay around 2-4%... Hmmm...

If you are stock, you are on CDMA only mode right? And display, calls, and searching for signal or data in low signal areas are the biggest battery drains. Percentages mean nothing unless we have the timeframe that they are spanning. If I pull it off the charger and use for 5 min the display will be about 80%. After 30 hours and 3-4 hours of display usage it usually goes to about 30%.

When in the battery manager, first how long since unplugged? Then tap on screen and how much time was the screen on for? It is best to do this after a typical day before you charge it. Post that back for more help.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I don't remember word feud being that bad but idk what aqua pets is lol i will say that a live wallpaper adds to the display alot.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

I was running the rasdroid live wallpaper and stock sense and could still hit 60 hours on a charge with moderate usage. Don't think the live wallpapers are that bad for it.

Godly 1

Reaction score
Ok, if I am following your instructions correctly... (I don't always do that, that's why I'm afraid to try rooting)
Phone has been on for 11h 10m
Display 82%
Voice 7%
Cell Standby 4%
Phone Idle 3%
Android System 2%
Aqua Pets 2% (But I am level 40!)

And them for Time on 3h 53m...

Does the animated HTC weather count as live wall paper?
Oh yeah, I am stock. (curse the fear of rooting!)

And I am in La Center Washington, inside of 3 cell towers. (according to Llama) so I don't think it has any trouble searching out signals... Oh, and I did set that CDMA thing instead of Global too.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Ok, if I am following your instructions correctly... (I don't always do that, that's why I'm afraid to try rooting)
Phone has been on for 11h 10m
Display 82%
Voice 7%
Cell Standby 4%
Phone Idle 3%
Android System 2%
Aqua Pets 2% (But I am level 40!)

And them for Time on 3h 53m...

Does the animated HTC weather count as live wall paper?
Oh yeah, I am stock. (curse the fear of rooting!)

And I am in La Center Washington, inside of 3 cell towers. (according to Llama) so I don't think it has any trouble searching out signals... Oh, and I did set that CDMA thing instead of Global too.

The display is what is killing it. The rest seems normal. Most games don't use much battery power directly so they report low but the actual gameplay uses the heck out of the display.

80% display and 4 hours of use out of 11 hours indicates either very high brightness all the time or lots of gameplay. Either try lower brightness or skip the games for a day or two and see if it improves.

Godly 1

Reaction score
Well, I have had the display set to auto adjust... But that is only because my adorable girlfriend has hers set to like 30%, and hers reads 72% usage... And if I don't play my games for a few days... That means that I will have to work at work... And that she will catch up to my ranking!!! (she is level 33)...
Oh the decisions to be made!!!

ABQNM

Reaction score
Well, I have had the display set to auto adjust... But that is only because my adorable girlfriend has hers set to like 30%, and hers reads 72% usage... And if I don't play my games for a few days... That means that I will have to work at work... And that she will catch up to my ranking!!! (she is level 33)...
Oh the decisions to be made!!!

Def seems like it's the games then. Sometimes we have hard decisions to make. I used to stream Pandora 30 hours a week at work. 6 hours of streaming music required me to keep a charger at work. That was the OG Droid though. Seems like everything is working properly so good luck.

Godly 1

Reaction score
Yeah... It does seem that way... Thank you very much for your advice on the matter!
Even as the battery sits, it is 10 times what the original Dinc could do on an overnight charge! I love this Dinc 2! We went and got the White ones from Best Buy!!! LOVE EM!!!

Sven62

Reaction score
You know what... I never did anything when I first got this phone except start using it and charge it back up when it got to 20-30%.

I do have some power saving measures taken. But, do you think I need to let it run all the way down and then charge it back up to 100% again? Some are saying the phone needs to be calibrated to the battery or something like that. Is that for real? I've been using the phone for about a week now.

What should I do?

ABQNM

Reaction score
You know what... I never did anything when I first got this phone except start using it and charge it back up when it got to 20-30%.

I do have some power saving measures taken. But, do you think I need to let it run all the way down and then charge it back up to 100% again? Some are saying the phone needs to be calibrated to the battery or something like that. Is that for real? I've been using the phone for about a week now.

What should I do?

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, battery calibration is really not necessary under most situations. Unless you flashed a custom ROM with less than 100% battery, there really shouldn't be a true need. The one thing I would do for sure is make sure that you have the phone set to CDMA only. If you plan to leave the country to a GSM area and roam there, then turn it back to world, but no sense in leaving another radio on unless you need it.

If you can let the phone die and then charge it to 100% without taking it off the charger at all, it should be more accurate, but chances are the battery meter is fine, unless, as I said above, you flashed a ROM without 100% battery. Then it COULD be skewed.

Are you having battery life issues?

Godly 1

Reaction score
I say just use the phone the way you want to and enjoy it! I got kinda caught up there for a bit trying to figure out what would make "the phone" happy and last longer... NO MORE!!! I have an extra charger at my work, and a car charger in the glove box. I AM THE MASTER! NOT THE PHONE!!! YOU HEAR THAT PHONE!?? I'M CALLING THE SHOTS FROM NOW ON!!!

ABQNM

Reaction score
I say just use the phone the way you want to and enjoy it! I got kinda caught up there for a bit trying to figure out what would make "the phone" happy and last longer... NO MORE!!! I have an extra charger at my work, and a car charger in the glove box. I AM THE MASTER! NOT THE PHONE!!! YOU HEAR THAT PHONE!?? I'M CALLING THE SHOTS FROM NOW ON!!!

Yeah it is awesome. I can't kill it in less than a day unless I have 5+ hours of screen on time and overclocked to ~1.5GHz with everything syncing in the background, with a mix of wifi and 3g, full animations everywhere and a lot of forum use. Oh and I never turn wifi off, even when I am using 3g. That is on MIUI with Tiamat kernel. At stock speed on MIUI I usually charge it every other day (at maybe 30-40%). Battery was even better on stock!

darinr80

Reaction score
How do you get that good of battery life? I'm running RMK Gingersense and the stock kernel and I am not getting great battery life still!

Sven62

Reaction score
Thank you, this is my first smart phone. I really don't know what great battery life looks like. I mess around with it a lot right now cuz it's new and I have the Wi-Fi on at home. So, the battery can be down to 50% in 2-3 hours.

I looked at my battery usage percentages yesterday and the display was using 64% followed by dialer at 19% (Wi-Fi was off at that moment). So, I ditched the live background screen for a solid color (the Colors app is pretty cool) but that only dropped display usage to 61%. I just changed to CDMA only.

Right now my battery usage:

Display 61%
Wi-Fi 9%
Dialer 8%
Android System 8%
Cell Standby 7%
Phone Idle 5%
Android OS 2%

My girlfriend is having a major issue with battery life, though. She barely uses it and it's dead half way through the day.

Her battery usage right now:

Display 70%
Dialer 16%
Cell standby 7%
Phone Idle 5%
Android OS 2%

What the hell is the dialer??

Last edited:

ABQNM

Reaction score
Thank you, this is my first smart phone. I really don't know what great battery life looks like. I mess around with it a lot right now cuz it's new and I have the Wi-Fi on at home. So, the battery can be down to 50% in 2-3 hours.

I looked at my battery usage percentages yesterday and the display was using 64% followed by dialer at 19% (Wi-Fi was off at that moment). So, I ditched the live background screen for a solid color (the Colors app is pretty cool) but that only dropped display usage to 61%. I just changed to CDMA only.

Right now my battery usage:

Display 61%
Wi-Fi 9%
Dialer 8%
Android System 8%
Cell Standby 7%
Phone Idle 5%
Android OS 2%

My girlfriend is having a major issue with battery life, though. She barely uses it and it's dead half way through the day.

Her battery usage right now:

Display 70%
Dialer 16%
Cell standby 7%
Phone Idle 5%
Android OS 2%

What the hell is the dialer??

The dialer is your phone making calls. And the percentage of the display usage will usually be the highest depending on your brightness settings and how long it is on for. In the battery manager the percentages are important but the amount of time it has been off the charger is equally important. Please list that as well. Also, if you tap on Display, it will tell you how much time the screen has been on for since the last charge. Also, the dialer will tell you how much time you spent on the phone. The percentages are only useful to judge with the whole picture. If you take the phone off the charger for 10 minutes and look the percentages will be very different than after a whole day of usage. Best to check after your phone has run for the entire day.

As to wifi, it can save your battery dramatically if you turn it on when you can connect to it and use it instead of 3G. When wifi will use the most battery is when it is on but searching for a network.

Sven62

Reaction score
OK my phone has been on for about 5.5 hours.

Display has been on 54mins using 57%

Wi-Fi has been on 5.21 hours using 9%

Android System has sent 246KB and received 245KB using 8%

GPS has been on the whole time. Location ON settings are Standalone and Google - not VZW.

Battery is at 54%