In Pocket Detection

eus107709

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how this works?

Settings -> display -> in pocket

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

kilofox

Reaction score
In-Pocket setting turns the screen off when you pocket it. I don't have mine yet to see if it works.

OP
E

eus107709

Reaction score
I'm wondering how exactly it works because it isn't working for me.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Sebastian

Reaction score
It worked too well for me. It uses the same sensor as if the phone was on your face during a call. Locks the screen and the buttons. Problem is if I hold the phone in a direction that covers it, my phone will lock on me.

OP
E

eus107709

Reaction score
That's really surprising to hear, Sebastian. Screen timeout set to 1 minute and then I tried: putting it in my pockets, in a box, in desk drawers. None of those actions lock the phone...

SDGuy

Reaction score
I turned it off. Seems to be more trouble than anything. It locked while I spoke on the phone but didn't when I put it in my pocket.

gator_grl07

Reaction score
I had to turn mine off too. Everytime I tried to use the camera, the stupid thing would shut the screen down. What a pain in the tush

bwhite757

Reaction score
From my understanding it will lock your phone if it is in an upright position and something covers the proximity sensor. So if you put it in your pocket top first then it wont shut it off, but if you put it in your pocket bottom first it will.

I don't put mine in my pocket so its not beneficial for me, definitely more problems than what its worth.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

DroidDex2

Reaction score
Im running a droid 3. I've noticed that if you hold the phone upright, there's a little dim red sensor light on the face top. Inbeteen the ear speaker and the front camera. If you cover the light for about a second, it locks. Mine seems to work better at night because the sensor doesn't always light up with too much light.

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Oh yes, pocket detection!
When using screen protectors I've noticed that I always have to cut around that small sensor area (top left of screen) or else pocket detection becomes more frustrating.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

iccor56

Reaction score
finger troubles

I had to turn mine off too. Everytime I tried to use the camera, the stupid thing would shut the screen down. What a pain in the tush
don't cover the sensor with your finger?? that's how it works.