In pocket detection!

Tmizzle

Reaction score
Why doesn't my in pocket detection work anymore i tried going to settings and turning it off & on but still nothing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

z96Cobra

Reaction score
You'll have to provide more info than that. What isn't working with i t? Have you tried a reboot? Have you recently installed a new ROM? Does the screen still turn off when you get a call & hold the phone to your ear?

OP
Tmizzle

Tmizzle

Reaction score
When you put your phone into your pocket in pocket protection supposed to turn of & lock your phone automatically!

wwcnut

Reaction score
In pocket detection was great then Verizon ICS removed this feature. Is there a way to get it back?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
In pocket detection was great then Verizon ICS removed this feature. Is there a way to get it back?

Good point.

To the OP, are you on .905 or one of the ICS leaks?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Yep it never worked for me on any of the gb builds. Not sure about ics though... I'll look around for it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

welsalex

Reaction score
BroidDrionic said:
Yep it never worked for me on any of the gb builds. Not sure about ics though... I'll look around for it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

It never worked for me, ever.

wwcnut

Reaction score
In Pocket worked flawlessly for me Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx on GB. Then the upgrade to6.16.211.XT912.verizon.en.US eliminated the function completely. Now I pocket dial and have to remeber to turn the phone off. Aren't intelligent devices supposed to help with things like that. Not sure why they would eliminate a usable feature. In pocket was very dependant on the proximity sensor of the individual phone but worked like a champ on the Razr Maxx.

xmguy

Reaction score
In Pocket worked flawlessly for me Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx on GB. Then the upgrade to6.16.211.XT912.verizon.en.US eliminated the function completely. Now I pocket dial and have to remeber to turn the phone off. Aren't intelligent devices supposed to help with things like that. Not sure why they would eliminate a usable feature. In pocket was very dependant on the proximity sensor of the individual phone but worked like a champ on the Razr Maxx.

My RAZR maxx and Bionic pocket ANSWER. Meaning the unlock/answer ring doesn't have to be drug over spot on to the answer icon. I can drag or even tap the lower portion of the screen and it will unlock or answer. I've had both phones continuously answer as the phone screens are kept facing my leg and the effect of pulling the phone from my pocket pulls down on this answer icon. I NEVER had this issue on GB. If I could revert back on my RAZR I would. The Nexus doesn't have this issue as although it has the center ring too. It has to be drug exactly over the answer icon or it will not answer. Its not like these Motorola ICS versions were any old direction will do.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

xmguy

Reaction score
Using the Developer / show pointier setting and screen shot. Here is how the Bionic and the Razr both are so easy to unlock and answer just by sliding by the leg while removing from pocket. Notice BOTH screen shots show that the unlock or answer icon doesn't have to be right over the answer or unlock setting to perform the action. NOTE The blue lines and teal color lines represent the fingers path and current hover location.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic... out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345172069218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345172069218.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 221
  • uploadfromtaptalk1345172079286.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1345172079286.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 215

robert70

Reaction score
Ya know I never thought about this feature until you just mentioned it, and I do remember setting it up when I still had GB that kinda pisses me off

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!