In need of some help

Sosick

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forums but I have been reading posts on here for a while. First I have a fascinate which has become garbage. It takes screen shots on its own and freezes and re starts. I get the phone backing out of apps etc. It's just not worth it. Anyway I'm looking to upgrade. I like Samsung in general because of decent cameras and ease of use as well as a great looking screen. I really liked the Nexus but then on here and on Verizons site people keep saying the signal is poor. I have been dealing with that recently on my Fascinate. This leads me to believe it is a software issue more than hardware. My question is can I improve reception if I am not satisfied? I've never rooted phones etc and have no clue about any of that. If this isn't possible is there another phone with a large vibrant screen that you guys have found to be reliable? I only want to replace phones every two years if possible. I would also like something I can download music off my computer to and play in the car. My choices are between the Nexus, S3, Rezound and Razr.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Nexus doesn't have the best radios and I never had an issue with signal as I live in a good signal area, but you can certainly improve it a bit. 4.0.4, which has officially launched, improves signal. The HTC Rezound and Moto Razr are also excellent choices and do have superior radios to the Nexus, some argue that Moto has the best in the business.

As for rooting, check out the link in my sig. If you want further assistance lmk, but if you don't want to get into all the technicalities of rooting/ROMing, download Wug's Toolkit, it's a simple solution to rooting and such.

As the s3 isn't even officially out on Verizon can't really judge, but you really can't go wrong with any of the top tier phones on Verizon right now.