Importing MP3s, setting ringer tones

burxard

Reaction score
How do I import an MP3 (or other audio) file from my computer, and then set it as a ringer option?

Ridley

Reaction score
Plug your phone into the usb port on your computer.

When you see the USB icom in the top left corner, pull it down, you will see "USB connected" Tap on that and then tapon "mount" you can now access your phone as a removable disk drive and drag your music files onto the phone.

After you have you songs , when the one you want is playing, bring up the options menu and touch "use as ringtone" and that song will be your ringtone.

pennypritty1

Reaction score
but it is smarter to create separate folders for things, like music, ringtones, pics, etc... right?

S281

Reaction score
can each contact have a different ringtone out of the box? Or do you need an app for that?

REMilk

Reaction score
Easy to change individula ringtones

can each contact have a different ringtone out of the box? Or do you need an app for that?

Out of the box, each contact has the same ringtone. To change the ringtone for an individual contact:

1. Start Contacts
2. Select the contact to change
3. Tap on menu, options
4. Tap on ringtone
5. Select ringtone
6. Tap OK

No additional app is needed to change ringtones.

Best of luck,

Bob

Starsushi

Reaction score
Try Ring Droid which is a very easy to use free app. You can select only part of a song to use as a ringtone and/or notification. This has worked so far with any song I have imported to my phone.

ehc1850

Reaction score
Can you set a specific ringtone to a specific caller in from your contacts?

IamReady

Reaction score
Can you set a specific ringtone to a specific caller in from your contacts?

Sure can. Do the same as stated above on mounting the removable disk, but this time make a folder called "ringtones" (this also works for "notifications" and "alarms") and drop whatever supported music file type you want there. Now when you go to the contact, pull up the menu, and select options, your ringtones will be in the list to choose from.

pennypritty1

Reaction score
I'd actually like to set a specific ringer for my messages separate from other multimedia notifications... but I'm not seeing how that can be done... anyone?