Importing FireFox bookmarks?

metroplex

Reaction score
I did a Google search and couldn't find an easy way of importing bookmarks into the browser of my Droid 2. I don't want to buy an app, install Chrome on my PC, or do anything funky - is there an easy and simple way of exporting FireFox bookmarks into the Droid 2?

Dragoro

Reaction score
Get chrome to phone app off market, and the chrome to phone plug in for firefox. Easily to send your book marks doing it that way. Just go to a bookmark, and hit send to phone, and link gets sent instantly to your phone.

OP
metroplex

metroplex

Reaction score
I have maybe a hundred up to a thousand bookmarks, with many of them organized into folders and sub-sub-sub folders. Will Chrome to Phone work smoothly or will I be sitting there trying to input bookmarks one by one?

Dragoro

Reaction score
One by one, but why would you want thousands of bookmarks on the droid, its not like you can have em organized on the droid, no folders or anything. Would take forever just to find the bookmark. Would be easier to just type in the address.

OP
metroplex

metroplex

Reaction score
I have a lot of sites that I would like to browse. I thought the Droid was a small computer? My netbook handles the same number of bookmarks as my laptop just fine. As an example, I'm on well over 40 different car sites with several forums per site. I don't need to browse through a thousand bookmarks, just maybe 2 dozen folders (ala FireFox) and then go deeper as necessary.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would use xmarks, and set the xmarks mobile home page as your default home page (or as a main bookmark) in your droid's browser

Dragoro

Reaction score
Yeah, what jntdroid might be the best way for you to go. Unfortuantely theres no folders in droid bookmarks.

Stachre

Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I found this when trying a quick search on how to export my desktop Firefox bookmarks to my Xoom.

This may have been answered before, but since there's no bookmark foldering in the Android browser (CORRECTION: see EDIT below), I thought to try exporting my Firefox bookmarks to HTML (which keeps the bookmarks organized by folder in an indented list), copying the file to my Xoom, then accessing it using a file:// URL (for example, file:///sdcard/bookmarks.html ) in the browser. It worked, and I bookmarked *that* page for easy access.

Just tested on my OG Droid, and it worked nicely there, too.

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't allow easy add/delete to those bookmarks, but refreshing them is a simple copy-and-replace over the bookmarks.html on the device with a new export from Firefox on the desktop.

EDIT: there *is* bookmark foldering in the Honeycomb browser, but it's difficult to discover. Edit a bookmark and under "Add to", tap "Bookmarks". Tap "Other folder..." to create new folders and subfolders.

Remmy700P

Reaction score
Website
www.pesisolar.com
Current Phone Model
DROID Turbo
Firefox syncs your desktop bookmarks to the FF app on your mobile device. You just have to set up a Firefox account on your home FF browser and then log in to that account in your FF app on your phone. It will bring those bookmarks over and update them automatically. Easy peasy.

Go to Tools... Options... and click on the Sync tab.