Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

imo.im.jpg

Imo.im has quickly grown to become one of the best multi-protocol instant messaging clients in the Android market. With today’s update, it’s gotten even better. Aside from an improved user interface (which should please Android 4.0 users), they’ve added the ability to make voice calls to your friends.

IM on Skype, Facebook, GTalk, MSN, ICQ/AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, Vk.com, Hyves
With imo instant messenger, it’s easy to stay in touch with friends on your existing IM accounts on Facebook Chat, Google Talk, Skype, MSN, ICQ/AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, and Myspace, Vkontakte.ru, Hyves.
imo is free and doesn't use your sms or minutes. You do need internet access, over wifi or a data plan (3G preferred but it should work on Edge as well).

Features:

- No need to create an account with imo
- Voice IMs turn your phone into a walkie-talkie
- Group chat
- Group chat photo sharing
- Multimedia attachments - audio, video, files
- Chat history search
- Concurrent session on different devices and the web

imo.im1.jpg
imo.im2.jpg

imo.im3.jpg
imo.im4.jpg

The only catch is that your friends must also be on Android and using imo.im. Still, hopefully it’s a good first step for adding support for Skype, Google Talk and other voice chat protocols. There's also bug fixes and improvements to help make the experience even more smooth.

Get this four and a half app in the Android market
here.

Natey2

Reaction score
The last time I tried it, there were some issues with duplicated/lost messages when my phone temporarily lost its data signal. And wireless devices like phones do lose and regain their data signal/connections frequently, unlike desktop computers wired to a router, so phone IM apps have to handle that.

Trillian has a Cloud to Device Messaging (C2DM) option that I believe resolves this issue.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

olivianL

Reaction score
- Voice IMs turn your phone into a walkie-talkie
Talking about this app. I've read articles about this voxer. Voxer is a walkie-talkie application. Yes, there have been many. But this iOS and Android application seems to be the one that's garnering the attention of venture capitalists in Silicon Valley, in no small part because young people are eating it up. Source for this article: Voxer walkie-talkie app makes big noise for iOS, Android. The app has gone from #40 to #6 within the past week in the social networking category of the United States App Store, following its rise earlier this year in random other countries like Brazil and Saudi Arabia.