IMAP email doesnt seem to come through realtime or even close

Jon K

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just checking my IMAP email account and noticed I have about 14 emails new this morning. I checked my email while coming into work and my latest new email was from 6:45A. But, since then, my webmail had 14 new ones. I clicked the "get more"/refresh button in the email window and nothing came through. Some time after, I have a mesg saying "13 new email messages" - why is it not sync'ing up very accurately/fast? I have the data push thing turned on.

Any help is appreciated this is for a Droid X

Thanks,
Jon

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Known issue. Use K9 or another I cant remember Maildroid or something.

With K9 you can have it sync at known intervals and it lets you know when the next one is.

OP
J

Jon K

Reaction score
If I set it to Data Push off, and then fetch interval to manual, will it work as expected?

jmorton10

Reaction score
If I set it to Data Push off, and then fetch interval to manual, will it work as expected?

There is no reson why it shouldn't, I used to set all my "smart phones" to manual when push killed the battery in 1/2 day.

~John

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
More -> Settings -> Account Settings
487cc2f0-1ae9-b53f.jpg

Sent from my Droid X

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The stock email client will stop polling randomly. I use K9. IMAP is push but you can also set it to occasionally poll to help keep things in sync.

Uninstall task killers!

Make sure the phone's background data setting is on.

In battery manager, if you have that option, set it to performance mode.

jmorton10

Reaction score
I have everything set as shown here, set to 15 minute polling in K9 & it still not working right.

I just hit refresh & a message came in that was over an hour old.

~John

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have everything set as shown here, set to 15 minute polling in K9 & it still not working right.

I just hit refresh & a message came in that was over an hour old.

~John

You didn't kill any tasks? Reboot the phone and see if it still happens. Who knows, maybe a new bug has shown up in the latest version of K9 that just came out.

jmorton10

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what I did but now it's working.

It started driving me crazy because it was set to a default ringtone for new email, as soon as I turned that off everything works fine.

Thanks for the help & recommending K9.

~John