Images getting corrupted...

Syring

Reaction score
Hey all.
I just got a new 32GB SD card (class 10) and a lot of my new pictures are getting corrupted somehow...

Sometimes I can view the image with the stock Gallary app, but then cannot view them with the QuickPic app. Sometimes it just says "Load Failed" (QuickPic) or "Unable to load photo" (Gallery).

I have tried reformatting the card but that didn't help. I've lost a lot of new pics of my newborn twin girls, and I'm getting really frustrated with it. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 60727View attachment 60728View attachment 60729View attachment 60730View attachment 60731

MVA

Reaction score
having the same exact problem as syring.
have a 32gb sd card aswell.
any news? a fix?
guess not a lot of people are having this problem or im looking in the wrong places...

edit:
decided to take some screens of the problem im having with my photos.
not only will i get "Unable to load photo," but ill also have photos that come out like this:

View attachment 61219View attachment 61220View attachment 61221View attachment 61222

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

NicoletteK

Reaction score
I am having the same problems which has been going on and off for the last couple months. I'm losing photos I don't want to lose. Please help!!

MVA

Reaction score
I really hope someone can help us.
seems like this thread is getting overlooked.

rangemaster

Reaction score
I had the same issue and it may be an image resolution setting in the camera. Seems like the phone can't write the image file to the SD card fast enough and the image becomes corrupted. I'm still testing, but I've lowered the image quality down to 3264x1836; seems to be working over the last week.

OP
S

Syring

Reaction score
I had the same issue and it may be an image resolution setting in the camera. Seems like the phone can't write the image file to the SD card fast enough and the image becomes corrupted. I'm still testing, but I've lowered the image quality down to 3264x1836; seems to be working over the last week.

That would be great if that worked to reduce the quality. It would suck though since mine is supposed to be a class 10 card! I've been saving the pics to my phone (instead of my SD). using Google's instant upload, and removing the pics when they start to take up too much space...the whole reason I got a 32GB card.
I'll try the reduced resolution and see if that helps.

athakur

Reaction score
I am also facing this problem and getting corrupted my important photographs from my galary. I am using transcend class 10 32 GB SD card. Kindly share your suggesions to relosve this thread. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaass.

rangemaster

Reaction score
I've found the solution and it's been working for months. If you've changed the image resolution, you can change it back to the highest level you'd like. All you need to do is open up the developer options and check the box "Protect SD card". It's not enabled by default. Since ticking that, I've had no problems.

enrique1

Reaction score
Hey all.
I just got a new 32GB SD card (class 10) and a lot of my new pictures are getting corrupted somehow...

Sometimes I can view the image with the stock Gallary app, but then cannot view them with the QuickPic app. Sometimes it just says "Load Failed" (QuickPic) or "Unable to load photo" (Gallery).

I have tried reformatting the card but that didn't help. I've lost a lot of new pics of my newborn twin girls, and I'm getting really frustrated with it. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 60727View attachment 60728View attachment 60729View attachment 60730View attachment 60731
It seams like your images get corrupted due to any reason, if you want to recover these images then there are many applications are available try any photo recovery tool and recover your images completely.