I'm tired of the bloat. This is NOT Android.

velocity92c

Reaction score
1/2 of 1 percent of Android users root/back their phones? That's lowballing it quite a bit. 2.2 was running on like 17 % of Android phones when it had only been officially released on the NOne. I would say At Least ten percent of people back their phones.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Whenever I got a new laptop or computer from a large scale manufacturer the first thing I always did was remove the version of windows that was pre-installed on it and install a fresh copy without all the bloatware.

As do I, but 99% of people don't even know that they can do that and are left scratching their heads wondering why their new computer is slower than their old one.

Verizon Decides To Make More Bad Decisions – VCAST App Market Is The Latest | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

This crap really makes my eye twitch. Bad Verizon, bad!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's not that big a deal to simply remove all the bloatware from either Android phones or OEM PC's is it??... If there is a great device under all that crap...I'm gonna tweak it without missing a beat...;)

On another note..... this one cracked 'ME' up as welll...lol :p:D
Sweet Jaysus I crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have an Iphone and a blackberry I'll sell ya cheap CK!! Yur gonna have to give my your droid 1 tho. :D

Sweet Jaysus I crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Ha cakes at this rate ill have my Droid for another year. As Charles Barkley would say " this is just turrble"

Sent from my Droid

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have an Iphone and a blackberry I'll sell ya cheap CK!! Yur gonna have to give my your droid 1 tho. :D

Ha cakes at this rate ill have my Droid for another year. As Charles Barkley would say " this is just turrble"

Sent from my Droid
LOL.... thaT'S THE NAME OF THE NEXT aNDROID PHONE...THE TURRIBLE!!...:icon_eek:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Personally the bloat doesn't bug me too much so long as I can root the device and nuke it. I am eagerly awaiting the Android 2.1 update for the Backflip so I can root it afterwards and remove the bloat for my wife. She loves that little phone but the AT&T is a pain in the ass. As for the Fascinate, DX, D2, etc... Again root the blasted thing and nuke the bloat. Another thing that was mentioned was that these devices have a ton more resources available as far as internal storage and available RAM goes so the bloat doesn't effect them nearly as much as it would a Droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I spend my money on a Google device I want to experience the OS/UI the way it was intended. I'm buying an Android device not an advertisement....

I don't know ladies and gentlemen but this is not what Android is supposed to be about. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it : )
I agree with your sentiment but the thing is that Android is intended to be whatever the OEM makes of it. Google Experience devices specifically should just have stock Android though.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First off i agree with many statements here, i do wish that bloatware was optional, while they may put it on the phone, at least give me a way to take it off if i don't want it there, that would be fine with me, or give us a button that allows us to turn off "motoblur, ninjablur, etc" and have it be vanilla once rebooted, similar to a dual boot system.

Secondly about subsidized phones, what most people don't seem to realize is that they pay for the phone no matter what, yes you may have saved 200-400 when you first purchase the phone, but corporations like VZW add charges, or just up the amount you have to pay a month for service to compensate for this. Also they get it back with bloatware and other various ways.