I'm thoroughly confused about the Flash issue...

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Am I supposed to have Flash with 2.2? I have Flash 10.1 installed as an app. When I go to Flash dot com I see the lovely animation type thing on the page. I'm just not sure if I have what people are talking about.

Every site I go to for videos seems to work. Maybe those aren't Flash videos though.

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Everything seems to be working for you. What ISN'T working?

Nothing is wrong, it just seems like I've seen so many posts of people that talk about "when is Flash coming out, etc".....it seemed like we were waiting on something else or what was available was not the full deal or something.

Wanted to make sure.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really though I think people are waiting for flash to show up in the Market, the only way you can get it now is by being Rooted and running 2.2, so even if you got the 2.2 OTA and were unrooted Flash would not be available to you yet, not even from Adobe's site

The only ones that Officially have Flash are the Droid 2 Owners

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Really though I think people are waiting for flash to show up in the Market, the only way you can get it now is by being Rooted and running 2.2, so even if you got the 2.2 OTA and were unrooted Flash would not be available to you yet, not even from Adobe's site

The only ones that Officially have Flash are the Droid 2 Owners

That sounds right. I have a hard time keeping up. God forbid I don't log in here for a few days. Can you imaging the ignorance I could spew? Thanks again, t....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem...it's crazy, things happen so fast around here, even if you are logged in on a constant basis, something is still going to slip by you

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

eliassami5

Reaction score
you dont have to be rooted to get flash..just do the manual update to the stock 2.2 update and install the flash apk from googling it.