Im pretty sure I bricked my bionic for good, Any Ideas?

lithium872

Reaction score
Hey guys, long story short. I tried to revert my phone back to factory xt875_5.5.893 using RSD lite and all hell broke loose. phone is now stuck in fastboot mode and it says flash failure. I was previously running safestrap 1. whatever and wanted to install safestrap 2.0 and move up to ICS. Does anyone know what might have happened or how I can fix this? every time I try to flash the phone is fails by the 6th step.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i am sure its not bricked .

1st make sure you have latest moto drivers
2 make sure it is good file you download and make sure it .902 and nothing else
and make sure rsd lite is being ran on the administrative side

OP
L

lithium872

Reaction score
i am sure its not bricked .

1st make sure you have latest moto drivers
2 make sure it is good file you download and make sure it .902 and nothing else
and make sure rsd lite is being ran on the administrative side

This! I wonder why using .902 made all the difference. Thanks a lot!

kamisan

Reaction score
I had the same issue after installing safestrap 2.0 over ICS liquid 1.5 I do not think it is compatible and writes files that will not get overwritten. I can get to fastboot and recovery but no matter what I sit at M logo.. RSD lite with many FXZ files that I downloaded that were supposed to fix it. If I find an answer I will post here. What you can do is call verizon and explain how THEIR OTA did this, let them try to fix it, then eventually they will (if you are within a year of purchase) send you a refurb bionic with 90 day warranty. I am there right now, waiting, but still wanting to fix mine. I called verizon (do not admit to knowing ANYTHING about your phone or rooting it)

OP
L

lithium872

Reaction score
I had the same issue after installing safestrap 2.0 over ICS liquid 1.5 I do not think it is compatible and writes files that will not get overwritten. I can get to fastboot and recovery but no matter what I sit at M logo.. RSD lite with many FXZ files that I downloaded that were supposed to fix it. If I find an answer I will post here. What you can do is call verizon and explain how THEIR OTA did this, let them try to fix it, then eventually they will (if you are within a year of purchase) send you a refurb bionic with 90 day warranty. I am there right now, waiting, but still wanting to fix mine. I called verizon (do not admit to knowing ANYTHING about your phone or rooting it)

Did you try using a .902 FXZ with RSD lite? For some reason that was the only one that would work. All the others I tried failed Including the ones that used to work. I think once you throw safestrap into the mix it causes issues. Used to do it all the time with Bootstrap without issues. GL

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the .902 CDT file rendering all of the previous FXZ files useless. There's something cool going on with the .902 FXZ because it can even be flashed after ICS, and will return you to GB. No other Moto ICS device on Verizon has this luxury, the RAZR and D4 are both pains in the butt when it comes to leaks and reverting back to GB.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
+1
Bionic has one of the cleanest / trouble free way back to factory stock blur. BTW stay away from Safestrap completely when on the ICS leaks; it will bork your phone regardless what other people say. Wait for the ICS OTA release and let the dev's work the kinks out. After being on ICS for the last two weeks I see no reason to have a dual boot option. I'm having way too much fun with my new ICS powered Bionic. SamuriHL has a thread to revert back to 902 then up to ICS. This only works if your data isn't corrupted; his script is written as such. You need to be on the OTA 905 build stock to start. Don't waste your time reading other peeps opinions; it just slows down your progess to get your phone back in good condition, Good luck.