I'm going to JUMP, but which direction?

WenValley

Reaction score
Long time Blackberry Storm user. I've been lurking this forum for a couple of months and I need your advice.

I was going to get the Droid 3 last month. I live in Eastern Washington (Wenatchee area) and I can't determine when we will be going to 4G here, but it will be a while. I don't change phones very ofter, I tend to get one and keep it, I've had the Storm for two years now.

Now I'm looking a the Bionic, and it looks like a good choice. I want a faster browser and hotspot connectivity. I'm using Tether on my storm for occasional tethering, would that work on the Droid?

Do you think smaller cities will have 4G in a year? It seems like Verizon is cracking the whip on 4G rollout.

I can afford the Bionic is it's worth the extra money, I'm really tired of the Storm and it's clunky interface.

Thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well you're on a Droid forum and we're gonna tell you to jump ship :)

As for 4g plans, not really sure how VZW is gonna keep up with putting up those towers, but smaller cities are going to get it slower.

The Bionic is a great phone and I'm considering upgrading to it myself, but I most likely will play the waiting game as Fall is just around the corner. Had the Bionic released in Feb as first predicted I definitely would've upgraded then.

OP
W

WenValley

Reaction score
Thank You for you input. The local Verizon store is pushing the 3G Droid 3. They're saying that it will be WAY faster than my Storm, even at 3G connection speeds.

I'm leaning towards the Bionic, it's dual processor, and 4G. I just hope that 4G gets to these second and third tier areas in the next year or so.

I called Costco locally and they don't have the Bionic in stock as of this morning.