I'm Confused....Can someone please HELP

Cronkalicious

Reaction score
Newbie Here,

OK...I rooted my Droid and flashed P3D-FRF84B-Release. It runs like a champ. I also added a 1.2 SV kernel. THIS PUPPY HUMS! I ran a 1734 Quadrant today.

I would like to add a theme, but I'm confused on the whole UD,BB and such.

My Question is which themes would be compatible with my ROM and will I need to save all my apps when flashing a theme and how do I do that?

Thanks for your help in advance!

:icon_ banana:

Ryan

Last edited:

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Ryan,

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock.html

928's themes are not specialty themes in the sense that you get a lot of orange or purple or dark etc., but they contain color enhancements to almost eveything. Totally unstock and very pleasing.
Craig

edit: I forgot to add that themes do not replace apps, so no need to worry about that. BUT, you do want to create a nandroid/cw before applying the theme, just in case.A lot of folks use Titanium Backup to save apps. But, your market should not break if a rom is built properly, but once you start flashing roms, you will likley end up with a broken market at some point. The theme should not break market. Rule of thumb, perform a google sync before flashing a new rom, perhaps use Titanium or another ap to make a hard backup, and always nandroid before doing a rom or theme.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cronkalicious

Reaction score
Great ...Thanks

I have both nandroid and clockwork.

I'm still confused on what my ROM is?

I appreciate your help.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Ryan,

With frf84b, what you have is a "beta" release of the official Moto/VZW rom that will eventually be pushed to everyone.

The way this works is that when Moto/VZW is getting ready to release a phone update to everyone, they create these "beta" versions that get sent to folks to test. These testers are then "persuaded" to release these to some of the developers here and elsewhere. As these beta roms get tested in their official channels, Moto/VZW will make tweaks to address issues that are found. frf84b has been replaced with frg01b as the most recent rom that has been "released". frg01b will have slight tweaks that should make it more current than your frf84b. Eventually Moto/VZW will release their final OTA version to the masses, and likley a Dev. here or elsewhere will deodex the final OTA release and make it available to us as a stock rom, the rom going OTA, but it will be rooted.

The difference between these "official" release candidate roms and ones pushed by Pete, Chevy, CVPCS and others is that these other roms are actually built from the/a android source tree, whereby the dev's actually build these from the ground up. So, when you see a rom with letters and numbers like frf84b and frg01b, these will be official beta releases, and the other roms are not from moto/vzw.

Craig