I'm about to switch to Samsung

skillyjack

Reaction score
Been a few years since I was making my way through this site for my MOTO X. Ready to move on to the S 9 Plus.
Want to get comfortable in this section now. My Provider is Verizon, and I am watching for any deals that beats the Best Buy 25.50(or something like that) per month special. Will pull trigger at 20 and some change. Or unless my phone annoys me too much, but I'll try to hold out till then.

OP
S

skillyjack

Reaction score
could be after the note 9 release before you see the deal you want.
It didn't take long to decide. Picked up one this past weekend. Ordered my case. Now need to get a protective screen, insurance, a few other accessories. I'm now a Samsung cell phone customer. Thanks for your input.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Congrats on the new phone. One of the first things you'll want to do is disable all the bloatware. Samsung + Verizon = Tons of Bloatware. But that's par for the course. Having had a Moto X, its pretty light on the bloat compared to Samsung even on Verizon. My wife's S5 and S8 had a good amount on it and we're on Verizon to. This past Fathers Day I got my first Samsung product. It's a tablet. The one thing you need to check out is the built in browser. I really like it. Samsung does make a very good phone once you get past all the bloat.

Congrats again and enjoy your new toy.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My Wife has a S9+ (She hates it) I don't have a clue why. She picked it out.... I think it's a great phone.
Her complaints are weight, size, curved edges.... again - nothing was secret about those attributes at purchase time, I wasn't with her when she picked it so who knows maybe she got talked into it.

Anyway, Enjoy. Looks like a nice phone to me.

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
Enjoy the new phone, you'll have a lot of fun using it ;)

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just got my 9+ a week ago and I'm in love. The low light abilities of the camera are simply amazing. Just love it. Now if I can just keep from dropping it and smashing the front screen. $300 bucks...whew...