Ignore & Auto-respond with text?

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Then do it.
Before you make you make yourself look like a fool make sure you know what you are talking about.

Go ahead make it work.
Make it work EXACTLY the way I described and prove it. Because I already found another app that does exactly what I need. Let's see if you can even come close.

I dare you.
Ill gladly leave these forums if you do.

Im sure anyone with any sort of IQ can back up claims they make. Especially if they have the nerve to throw down insults so shamefully behind the mask of an ip address and user name.

I'm waiting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
I may do this this week if I get bored. But he is right, you are sad.

Did it and it works. :icon_ devil:

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Then do it.
Before you make you make yourself look like a fool make sure you know what you are talking about.

Go ahead make it work.
Make it work EXACTLY the way I described and prove it. Because I already found another app that does exactly what I need. Let's see if you can even come close.

I dare you.

Im sure anyone with any sort of IQ can back up claims they make. Especially if they have the nerve to throw down insults so shamefully behind the mask of an ip address and user name.

I'm waiting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Have you left the forums in shame yet? Want the proof?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps are there to DO things not be changed and set to do them.
No, apps are there to do whatever. You (and others) might prefer appliance apps but that doesn't mean that all apps are meant to be that way. If Tasker's not the solution you want, that's fine but your personal preference does not define what is or isn't an app.

There's no right or wrong. Some prefer a simple solution with an app providing only one solution. Others prefer something more powerful and versatile like Tasker rather than buying apps one-by-one to solve various problems individually. Go with what works for you. Just don't assume that your particular preferences are everyone's preferences.

Then do it.

Go ahead make it work.

I dare you.
Similarly, just because someone can't get Tasker to do something doesn't necessarily mean that Tasker can't do it. Tasker has a learning curve and the curve is too steep for some. It does have its limitations but be careful making such claims unless you're absolutely certain.

Last edited:

gthomaspt

Reaction score
Free in the Android Market for Android 2.2 and up!

SMS Sentinel Lite is out! Break the Habit! Don't Text and Drive!

• Auto-responds a chosen message when a text message is received while driving on GPS Mode
• Silencing of SMS/MMS audible (ring) and tactile (vibration) notifications if you are driving. Phone calls not silenced.
• Resume notifications after you have stopped for about 2 minutes.
• Able to suspend for 10, 45 or 120 minutes at a time, or use manual mode, or GPS mode.

* After installing the application, if possible, immediately launch it and complete the registration. ONCE THE REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE, YOU MUST REBOOT (OR POWER CYCLE) YOUR DEVICE FOR PROPER OPERATION OF SMS SENTINEL. If you do not register before you reboot or power cycle your device, it may cause SMS Sentinel to malfunction and you will have to reinstall it.

draculam3k

Reaction score
Once again, this is NOT an auto reply app that I posted for.
Just to clear up anything for anyone else who is looking for the same sort of thing.
and to avoid confusion.

i have noticed that my droid 2 after getting the gingerbread update,when i hit ignore on a call that might be a cell phone a list of auto messages pop up for me to choose from.
this is i think you were talking about.
snap20110520_110556.png

sandfreak

Reaction score
Just to clear up anything for anyone else who is looking for the same sort of thing.
and to avoid confusion.

i have noticed that my droid 2 after getting the gingerbread update,when i hit ignore on a call that might be a cell phone a list of auto messages pop up for me to choose from.
snap20110520_110556.png

This is cool. I want this.

draculam3k

Reaction score
and to avoid confusion.

snap20110520_110556.png

This is cool. I want this.
yes its one of the many features of the new os that i love.
and yes it will let you replace most if not all of the stock messages or just add to the list.

sandfreak

Reaction score
for those that got this working with tasker...

i'm brand new to tasker, i've come across it in the market many times but couldn't justify it's price. well after coming across it again yesterday i decided to research it a little and came to the conclusion to buy it.

1) how can i set it up to do what the op was looking for?

2) are there any threads specifically for tasker profiles? i've searched a little but didn't find anything. I'm going to keep looking but thought maybe somebody knew of one.

draculam3k

Reaction score
for those that got this working with tasker...

i'm brand new to tasker, i've come across it in the market many times but couldn't justify it's price. well after coming across it again yesterday i decided to research it a little and came to the conclusion to buy it.

1) how can i set it up to do what the op was looking for?

2) are there any threads specifically for tasker profiles? i've searched a little but didn't find anything. I'm going to keep looking but thought maybe somebody knew of one.

On my DROID 2 running 2.3.3 it was a setting in phone options, I did not have to load any third party app. It was already there with some pre set messages

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Ryezen

Reaction score
Busy Message

For those who have upgraded to a new ROM after enjoying the feature in Gingerbread that allowed what I believe the OP author was after, "Busy Message", free in the market, does just that. Great app for those of us that have moved to CM7 and miss that feature.

I love my Droid X. Truly.
But there is absolutely only one thing I find it missing.
My friend and I both got new phones at the same time.
I went with a Droid X and he Chose a Samsung Galaxy S phone

He has the ability to ignore a call and auto-responding to that person with a text message out a pre-defined/custom list.

Is there any app or way to ignore a call and respond via sms in a similar or exact way for me or anyone else specifically on a Droid X?

----Update----

I've found an app that does the job but it's very... sketchy I guess I could say.

I need something that is more reliable and obviously fits more naturally with my phones UI.
App is called "Incoming Call Plus BETA"

Anyone know of something similar or preferably better?

sandfreak

Reaction score
For those who have upgraded to a new ROM after enjoying the feature in Gingerbread that allowed what I believe the OP author was after, "Busy Message", free in the market, does just that. Great app for those of us that have moved to CM7 and miss that feature.

I love my Droid X. Truly.
But there is absolutely only one thing I find it missing.
My friend and I both got new phones at the same time.
I went with a Droid X and he Chose a Samsung Galaxy S phone

He has the ability to ignore a call and auto-responding to that person with a text message out a pre-defined/custom list.

Is there any app or way to ignore a call and respond via sms in a similar or exact way for me or anyone else specifically on a Droid X?

----Update----

I've found an app that does the job but it's very... sketchy I guess I could say.

I need something that is more reliable and obviously fits more naturally with my phones UI.
App is called "Incoming Call Plus BETA"

Anyone know of something similar or preferably better?

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Still wish somebody knowledgeable in tasker could help me out with it.

Bought the dang app just to enable this feature and i'm still having trouble learning how to use it.

Edit: Just tried it out, it's perfect. Thanks for the tip

Last edited: