Ignore & Auto-respond with text?

Due.Vendetta

Reaction score
I love my Droid X. Truly.
But there is absolutely only one thing I find it missing.
My friend and I both got new phones at the same time.
I went with a Droid X and he Chose a Samsung Galaxy S phone

He has the ability to ignore a call and auto-responding to that person with a text message out a pre-defined/custom list.

Is there any app or way to ignore a call and respond via sms in a similar or exact way for me or anyone else specifically on a Droid X?

----Update----

I've found an app that does the job but it's very... sketchy I guess I could say.

I need something that is more reliable and obviously fits more naturally with my phones UI.
App is called "Incoming Call Plus BETA"

Anyone know of something similar or preferably better?

Last edited:

emjay

Reaction score
I second the need for that. My LG phone was able to do that, helps when you can't answer the phone but need to let the person (usually one of my daughters) what's happening so she doesn't keep calling!

OP
D

Due.Vendetta

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. That's not what I'm looking for.

I want an application that gives me the OPTION to ignore a call specifically and then auto send a text message (which I choose from a list that shows up when I decide to ignore via text).

This is a feature I've noted Galaxy S phones have.
As I noted before the only thing I've found so far is this "Incoming Call Plus BETA" app. but personally I find it too... ugly and not as reliable as I would need it to be.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
I believe I can make tasker do this. I will try and get back to you. I won't be able to test the sending of the text (because I use google voice) but short of that I believe I can accomplish this.

OP
D

Due.Vendetta

Reaction score
I have no use for tasker. I've used it before and personally also see it as an ugly app.

Apps are there to DO things not be changed and set to do them.

I need 1 app for one thing, a very simple thing many other phones do.

I need something that does said thing and do it without the need for any unnecessary extras, while also fitting in naturally to my phones UI rather than some shoddy overlay.

Thanks for the help though.

OP
D

Due.Vendetta

Reaction score
It seems I've found an app to do just what I needed it to do.
The integration could use a bit of work but other then that I find it perfect.

it's called "SMS Receptionist"
And is available on the market for $0.99

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in how to set it up in Tasker drop me a PM. Its not very difficult and will save you from installing yet another app if you already like to automate your phone.

OP
D

Due.Vendetta

Reaction score
Once again, this is NOT an auto reply app that I posted for.
Just to clear up anything for anyone else who is looking for the same sort of thing.
and to avoid confusion.

miosis

Reaction score
I have no use for tasker. I've used it before and personally also see it as an ugly app.

Apps are there to DO things not be changed and set to do them.

I need 1 app for one thing, a very simple thing many other phones do.

I need something that does said thing and do it without the need for any unnecessary extras, while also fitting in naturally to my phones UI rather than some shoddy overlay.

Thanks for the help though.

You are a just sad person. Tasker will do this with ease. If it isn't what you are looking for go get a piece of crap phone (iPh*ne, etc). Tasker can do anything and then some, it makes all other phones look like toys. It isn't beautiful. You have several other options, but you are a fool for dissing Tasker. Just laziness. Learn the interface. It isn't simple, so get a friend with an IQ of 40 or above to program it for you. Anti-namaste.

OP
D

Due.Vendetta

Reaction score
Then do it.
Before you make you make yourself look like a fool make sure you know what you are talking about.

Go ahead make it work.
Make it work EXACTLY the way I described and prove it. Because I already found another app that does exactly what I need. Let's see if you can even come close.

I dare you.
Ill gladly leave these forums if you do.

Im sure anyone with any sort of IQ can back up claims they make. Especially if they have the nerve to throw down insults so shamefully behind the mask of an ip address and user name.

I'm waiting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cciappa

Reaction score
EveryoneTexts.com

An app that does what you seek is called TextQ. Even senses motion and kicks into autoreply when you drive more than 4mph. Also has parent mode where it will send a text to parent if child sends text while driving.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Then do it.
Before you make you make yourself look like a fool make sure you know what you are talking about.

Go ahead make it work.
Make it work EXACTLY the way I described and prove it. Because I already found another app that does exactly what I need. Let's see if you can even come close.

I dare you.
Ill gladly leave these forums if you do.

Im sure anyone with any sort of IQ can back up claims they make. Especially if they have the nerve to throw down insults so shamefully behind the mask of an ip address and user name.

I'm waiting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
I may do this this week if I get bored. But he is right, you are sad.