If you had it do over again, would you upgrade to JB?

eddie7

Reaction score
Sorry I meant Xoom. JB had those toggles on 4.1 as well. 4.22 is just the current version. Yes Moto products got the short end of JB. Once you've tried a device with pure Google JB you will know what I mean. Why is Android OS on top of my battery usage stats everytime? This wasn't the case with ICS. And battery life has defiantly shortened with the 4.1.2 update. But I have a Maxx so it's not a huge issue.

StepDrummer

Reaction score
Don't Do it!!!

Don't be like me and get fooled into thinking that the JB UPDATE will be better!!
I am TRULY BUMMED that I can no longer use FoxFi.
I already pay for unimited data, and now it looks like I am going to have to root, or pay for more "unlimited" data.
I must be (deeep down inside!!) Afraid of rooting because I seem to be putting it off... I should have rooted my first Android phone - a Droid X, - almost three years ago.
I would have become proficient enough at "Rooting", as well as all the different "MODS" that can be had to help ANYBODY THAT NEEDS HELP to "UPGRADE" their phone.
I am a great salesperson, and once I have a working, rooted and NON VERIZON WI-FI TETHERED (FoxFi'd) phone - the servers at the Root Suppliers websites (like this one) will be getting HOT!!!
Right now, (and sporting a stock Droid Razr Maxx (XT912)), I feel like a dummy for not READING THE DROID FORUM'S just before I installed the "New Update". DON'T DO IT!!!
All help and words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
StepDrummer

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Sorry I meant Xoom. JB had those toggles on 4.1 as well. 4.22 is just the current version. Yes Moto products got the short end of JB. Once you've tried a device with pure Google JB you will know what I mean. Why is Android OS on top of my battery usage stats everytime? This wasn't the case with ICS. And battery life has defiantly shortened with the 4.1.2 update. But I have a Maxx so it's not a huge issue.

Yea I have a Maxx as well. Bottom line for me is that I am happy with JB 4.1.2 update for both of my devices. I've enjoyed my motorola devices, they work together well and work as I need them to. I really don't have any complaints between the two devices. Honestly I just happy both are more or less up to date. All up to the user as some are happy and some are upset.

Reaction score
IMO, for the fact that I no longer have wireless tether via Foxfi, I could do with out JB