What would you pick as replacement of these choices? Or none?

rayjj

Reaction score
So, since the JB update for Bionic, my bluetooth forwarding text messages to my car radio no longer works. Wont go into all the details, but I was offered the possibility of a Droid M or Droid Razr to replace the Bionic. Not sure if I am going to do it or not. Not a big fan of not being able to replace the battery, or use an extended one as I have in the Bionic right now. These other 2 phones do seem to have a newer BT technology, so not sure it will even work at all for what I need. Curious what others think? Are either of those other phones worth the jump? I am due for an early upgrade in June, but may wait until September when my wife is due also and see if there are any deals at that time for 2. It just really bugs me that a feature that worked before is now gone with what was supposed to be a great upgrade.

Never done it, but any hacks that can get back ICS on this phone? Or one that can add that feature back that I lost?

TIA!

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
My wife and son have RAZR. They are nice phones. They run them stock and don't use Bluetooth. Me back loving the bionic after loading the jelly ROM. My understanding is that the update to Jb changes the security and there's no way back.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No way back to ics ray. Not sure about what to do to get it to work but I'm sure there is a way.

As far as the Razr or Razr M, they are both excellent phones. I owned the Razr Maxx and the Razr M. Gave my Maxx to my son and stuck w the M for myself. The M's battery life for me was 24-30 hours per day (same as the Maxx). The Razr will get much less. The M does not have an hdmi port, has less internal storage and front facing camera is less mp. I never use hdmi or front facing camera so didn't affect me and never had a problem with internal storage even though I had more apps on my M than I did on my Maxx. Screen size is the same (or very close to same size) for both phones but because of the edge to edge display the M is a much smaller phone.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
R

rayjj

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Moto has told me they can't find a reason for my issue, which is why they offered one of those 2 phones as a replacement, even then still no guarantee it will fix my issue. I've searched for some way to see if I can get it to work, have not found a thing so far. So annoying to have a feature work, then an update that is supposed to make things better, and it takes features away. So backwards.