If Verizon only offers the 16GB Nexus, is it a deal breaker?

alucard9114

Reaction score
if i was paying full retail $299.99 for it i would not get it also new contract with 2gb of data that would not be a smart move im getting it because of the deep discount i just got from verizon if it has 32 gb great deal.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
if i was paying full retail $299.99 for it i would not get it also new contract with 2gb of data that would not be a smart move im getting it because of the deep discount i just got from verizon if it has 32 gb great deal.

agree, not a good deal at $299 for 16GB :blink:?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

what is this deep discount? and how did you get it?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
What makes people think Verizon will only offer it in 16GB? They offer the iPhone 4/4s in both capacities, 16 and 32.

The 32GB model would just be more expensive, probably $349 with 2 year contract.

pyro6128

Reaction score
idk, I'd probably still get it. 16gb does feel like a little, but I'm one of those people that doesn't like to needlessly fill up the space on my phone. I have a 32gb card in my d3 and am only using a couple gb in it right now. On my internal 16gb, I really only fill the space with movies or tv shows that I watch on the train to and from work. But I don't leave everything on there. Once I'm done with a movie or a season of a show, I swap it out for other movies or tv. I don't really see the need to carry every song I own and every movie I own on my phone all the time. Its not like I can watch or listen to it all in any given day anyway. Google music has pretty much taken away the need for me to keep songs on my phone.

Edit: It is a tough decision though because like everyone else here, I do like having the extra headroom just in case. Always better to have too much storage and not use it than to need extra storage and not have it.

Last edited:

Danielsan

Reaction score

Full retail pricing for this phone is going to be in the $550-$600 range. I'm assuming this "deep discount" you're referring to is your New Every Two credit.

doublea500

Reaction score
im scared that the phone will have less dev support if released with only 16gb of data. then again, im positive that vzw will not release the phone with only 16gb of storage so...

btw preach atm i have exactly half your posts. im at 749 your at 1498. both of us are approaching milestone posts!

i need 1 more like to reach half your likes lol!

Last edited:

Rayv

Reaction score
16GB only would make me not even consider this phone.

rdgxray

Reaction score
Have seen in reviews foreign models will have 16 gb...Verizon is 32 gb only...unless you live in Europe ...your getting 32 gb from Verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I've been fiddling around with Google Music on my OG, and you know what? I like it. I get pretty solid coverage in my area, I'm grandfathered into unlimited data, so I can live with 16 GB. But I think the Google page was an error, and that we're getting 32GB.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
For people who are still considering getting the G-Nex even if it's only the 16GB model check out this for 50GB of cloud storage with 2GB file size limit for free.

http://www.adrive.com/

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Last edited:

pyro6128

Reaction score
Full retail pricing for this phone is going to be in the $550-$600 range. I'm assuming this "deep discount" you're referring to is your New Every Two credit.

I'm pretty sure full retail is going to be more than that. I would put it in the $700-$800ish range