If there's one thing I hate on the Droid...

akj27

Reaction score
is when I receive a message, and I want to forward, it's a pain in the butt to look up contacts.... there's no option to show your contact list, and you have to type the persons name, and sometimes, it won't find it for no goddamn reason... this really pisses me the **** off...

sorry for my language folks :)

Reaction score
I do see your anger towards this. Hopefully they will fix this in the future. I had a regular env2 before this smartphone, and it even did this. Also, lets also hope someone doesn't tll you "its an app for that in the market", because it is really a simple feature.

I'm sure it will be in a update though. :)

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
I've been waiting a loooooong time for this crap to get fixed, it's such a simple feature. really aggravates me

:)

Reaction score
True. My mother complained about this, until she found out about the input typing contact method, and she dealt with it. I still don't like the fact that the list doesn't come for that though, it really is a simple function.

TheMayor

Reaction score
The reason why their names don't show up when you type them in, n my case, I didn't have their number saved as mobile number. For instance I had my brothers number saved as his home number, so it wouldn't pop up if I typed his name in for a text.

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
The reason why their names don't show up when you type them in, n my case, I didn't have their number saved as mobile number. For instance I had my brothers number saved as his home number, so it wouldn't pop up if I typed his name in for a text.

is there an app for that? lol

Reaction score
TheMayor, yep you are right. But still, they really need to implement the "select from list" option for contacts.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
That might be true about the mobil number. I had the same problem at first (kinda p!$$$#* me off), but now have a mobile number for each person and haven't had that problem since... hmmm... curious

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
That might be true about the mobil number. I had the same problem at first (kinda p!$$$#* me off), but now have a mobile number for each person and haven't had that problem since... hmmm... curious

yeah, it makes sense.

only problem is i have over 300 contacts... would take a while to transfer them all manually.

droidilac

Reaction score
i love the way it is set up... I have WAY TOO MANY contacts to be sorting through a list lol

meekless

Reaction score
i too didnt like that this little convenience was left out of the OS, but one thing I do that does make it somewhat easy for now

-you received a SMS from someone you want to forward to a friend
-long press on the SMS and copy the message
-use the keypad shortcut to the contact list (granted this only works with the physical keyboard)
-scroll though the list of contacts
-long press on the contact you want to send the message to and pick message
-long press on the content box and paste the message

doesnt work on MMS, and might not be quite the revelation, but works pretty good if you want to scroll through your contact list to forward a message
hope it helps!

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
i too didnt like that this little convenience was left out of the OS, but one thing I do that does make it somewhat easy for now

-you received a SMS from someone you want to forward to a friend
-long press on the SMS and copy the message
-use the keypad shortcut to the contact list (granted this only works with the physical keyboard)
-scroll though the list of contacts
-long press on the contact you want to send the message to and pick message
-long press on the content box and paste the message

doesnt work on MMS, and might not be quite the revelation, but works pretty good if you want to scroll through your contact list to forward a message
hope it helps!

Thanks for this, but when I made this thread I was trying to send an MMS lol

zero7starz

Reaction score
Have you guys tried using Handcent? As far as I know that will pop you over to a list... as well as input method, ect...