If my eris gets any more laggy...

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
I had about 4,000 texts too, just let it erase overnight and when you wake up your phone should be working like it should.I have the same question as you about the auto erase, i tried looking and havent found any app that does that yet, but hopefully one will come to us soon. Sorta stupid to not put that on a smartphone if you ask me. But good news is i did hear that 2.x will have the auto-erase option

KittieKizu

Reaction score
So I just recently got the Droid Eris about two weeks ago and I have been having the same problems as you guys; problems with lag when typing and sometimes the auto-correcting doesn't kick in.

I have several contacts with over 1000 texts on them and I would like to avoid deleting them all because i sometimes reread them. So I found an app called TxtArchive SMS Backup. It lets you export the sms files to your SD card and frees up the space on your texts.

It's only $3.65, and it has good reviews and i think it's worth the money.

Just thought I'd share.

~KittieKizu

R5D4

Reaction score
Just throwing my 2 cents in...I did the text clear thing a week ago, then just ran through the Cache clearing from this post...the combination of both has helped a lot in the lagginess of my Eris.

Clearing out my text messages though helped the most, it seems.

Thanks everyone...keep posting.