If I order an upgrade from Amazon can I ?...

thrgk

Reaction score
I want to return my htc rezound and get the razr. But I got the rezound by having upgrade eligible on a different line then activated it on this line. Can I return my rezound, its before 14 days, get the cash and order the razr from Amazon ($220 on Amazon $300 at vzw.) And order it as upgrading #1 line, but when I get it activate it on line #2? Or does Verizon itself only let you do alternate upgrades?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

ntrddragn

Reaction score
if i understand your question, then yes. While i didnt buy my rezound through amazon, i did the same thing. Bought it on one line and activating on another. and then returned it and bought somethng else.

So when you return the rezound and amazon received it they will credit your cc and notified vzw that the original line with the upgrade eligibility should be eligible again. You might need to make sure they do that. Then buy your razr with which ever line u have the upgrade, call vzw and have them activated on the line you want. in the meantime, when you decided to ship the rezound back, you will have to put the original phone that you were using before the rezound back to that line. And if you are going from 4g to 3g then the SIM is deem dead. Hope that helps.

Droid592

Reaction score
No, you cannot order a phone on one line and put it on another and they strictly state that on the site. Read the terms and conditions trust me I've gotten a couple phone through them and with Amazon you have thirty days to return the device and 14 to cancel a contract same as VZW except for the phone.

HTC Rezound

TheOldFart

Reaction score
From the AmazonWireless FAQs:

[h=3]I need a new phone, but my line isn't eligible for an upgrade. Another line in my family account is eligible. Can I get a new phone for my line by using the upgrade of the other line in my family account?[/h] While carriers may offer the option to swap upgrades between different lines on the same family account, this option isn't available through AmazonWireless. Phones purchased from AmazonWireless must remain on the line upgraded for 181 days. If you move the device to an alternate line within the first 181 days, you'd be subject to additional charges by AmazonWireless of up to $250 (per phone), plus applicable taxes.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
I just called verizon, again, and they said i could do that. Amazon does not have access to my vzw account to see what line im using it on, as long as i first activate it on that line, then just go to the store and tell them i want to do alternate upgrade and they will switch the numbers.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
ok they said i could, for the 3rd time lol, must be able to. Has anyone actually done it here?