Ideal Video Format?

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey!

For any conversions i recommend the ]url=http://agogo-blackberry-video-converter.softonic.de/blackberry]Aogo Video Converter[/url] Which is developed for Blackberry, but fits all needs as well and is free and easy to use.

Greetz
Tigger

rushmore

Reaction score
Basically, if the video plays on a PSP or iPhone, it will play on Droid :)

tmkpres

Reaction score
I dont get it. It says it will play WMVs and avi's but when I upload it to my droid, it says it can't play the vidoes ???

Music was fine just created a new folder for music and drag and dropped.

Tried it with vidoes, but nothing, what am I doing wrong

volando

Reaction score
why are you guys using the iphone format? can't the droid handle full-screen video in its native resolution? that's probably a big part of the appeal of droid - 854x440...

rushmore

Reaction score
why are you guys using the iphone format? can't the droid handle full-screen video in its native resolution? that's probably a big part of the appeal of droid - 854x440...

Overkill on the small screen

Takes up more card space (over twice as much)

Drains battery quicker

Still, whatever makes you happy- do it! :)

iraparks

Reaction score
once you got through the dredded hour long conversion and then drop it in the sd card, which program do you use to play the video? is it suppose to be in the Gallery? also how can you explore the contents of the sd card via the droid without syncing?

too many questions i know.

iraparks

Reaction score
hope this helps others with the same questions, once you convert your video to mp4 as i chose it will show up in the Gallery or you can get the free app video player. convert then drop in the sd card the iphone setting is fine but doesnt fill the screen, you will have to resize to fit the screen.

rushmore

Reaction score
You should not need to sync. Gallery should do this for you, but depending on how many pictures and videos you have, it can take a while the first time you run the app. After that, it adds or removes in it's library list as you make changes. The gallery is a great and simple app that also shows thumbs of videos too :)

Only thing that is an issue is that if you initially put a bunch of pics or videos on your sd card, the class 2 card in the Droid will take about twice as long to update the gallery library. Still, after the first run, it should be fine after that! :)

iraparks

Reaction score
when you post 640x480 is it height then width, on hand brake you can adjust these settings, can we enlarge the convert to go full screen on the droid?

rushmore

Reaction score
Does Droid scale lower res videos to fit the display? That would be very lame if it did not and force you to waste space and battery with higher res vids.

volando

Reaction score

Overkill on the small screen

Takes up more card space (over twice as much)

Drains battery quicker

Still, whatever makes you happy- do it! :)

good points... i guess i'll have to experiment and see if i can even tell the difference and how big it is, if not - using the smaller resolution files is definitely an option if droid stretches it - and i'm 100% sure it does. Space on the card shouldn't matter much for 16gb unless you're trying to carry all seasons of family guy on there or something :)

coolkidd

Reaction score
I have most of my movie in iPod Touch format.... I do not know if I'm going to convert them to 854x440.... Hmmm.....

One thing is for sure.... I will make the most of my DROID and push its hardware to its limits....

HandBrake... you'll be doing overtime tonight!:)

rushmore

Reaction score
No need convert standard MP4 or H264. The chipset in the Droid should take care of it- unless Motorola did not have drivers made to use the chip acceleration...

Just put a 480X320 vid (about the res of iPod) and see if it scales to the screen with correct format. If it does, you are set! If not, it means Motorola did not have drivers made to use the DSP of the chipset. That would be very lame since that means the full power of the chipset can not be used.

My guess is they should work- I hope :)

On such a small screen with good bitrates, you should not notice 480X320 versus 840X480 unless you zoom the video. Moveis should look great on Droid in standard MP4, which works for iPod, iPhone and PSP.

If you do encode, please make sure to use H.264 for best quality.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
what would be a great video converter for the droid...i know of a couple but im wondering which is the preffered