Idea we all might like

aamzalag

Reaction score
Hey, I know that jamezelle and co dont actually make this rom, but snce i dont have any idea how to actually present this idea to the people that can implement it, i figured some1 here might be able to help. I know that MIUI already has lockscreen music controls and what not, but its annoying to be reading an ebook or browsing the net, and to have to switch out of the app to change the song or pause. It would be awesome if they could implement music controls int he long press home appswitcher. Then without leaving any app you can change your music however you like.
Let me know what you guys think, and if we can get in contact with the devs to make this happen.
Thanks,
Adam

Shusuke028

Reaction score
I second this notion! I get exactly what you're saying bruh, like (forgive me for my blasphemy) on the iDevices, if you double tap the home button while playing music, a popup comes up with the 'Previous, Play/Pause/Next' controls.

Sorry for comparing it to the iPhone but if it works it works. This function would be an amazing addition to the MIUI already vast list of features

frostthejack

Reaction score
I think it would be better in the notification bar

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
A

aamzalag

Reaction score
The reason I didn't say it should be in notification bar is cuz in some aps u don't have access to the notification bar so it needs to be a button press

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Post it on miui-dev.com. You're more likely to get it looked at there than here.

porky101

Reaction score
I cannot remember what ROM I was on at the time...I want to say it was Cyanogen...but I was able to change songs by long pressing the volume up button(to go forward a song), and volume down button(to go back a song) it was the best feature on a ROM i had ever had

thebignoob

Reaction score
I cannot remember what ROM I was on at the time...I want to say it was Cyanogen...but I was able to change songs by long pressing the volume up button(to go forward a song), and volume down button(to go back a song) it was the best feature on a ROM i had ever had

It is Cyanogen, but I don't think Droidforums has users with the capacity to carry out something like what the OP described (I mean that in the nicest way). Maybe you trying purposing it to a dev over on XDA or MIUI-Dev.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i agree this feature would be great and i've been thinking we really need something like this. i'm sure someone could figure it out

Z

ZeroBarrier

I would prefer that this not be implemented. I like how it works already, long press down to lower volume to minimum, long press up to raise volume to max.

So this is clearly not an idea we all might like.

Make it a mod and have those who want it download and install it, leave those of us who don't want it, run MIUI as the MIUI Devs intended.

OP
A

aamzalag

Reaction score
zerobarrier, clearly u didnt read the o.p. the idea we might all like was not the cyanogenmod hold up volume to change song. It was for the long press home app switcher to have music controls on the bottom, so u can change songs or pause or play from within any app...
next time please provide constructive criticism based upon the actual idea.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Clearly you didn't read the rest of the thread. The thread went from A) long press home controls to B) long press volume buttons. Then when I reply toward the subject of long pressing volume buttons you accuse me of not reading the OP? Seriously? Maybe you should read the entire thread, instead of just what catches your eye. Next time don't bother replying to me, I don't appreciate conversations that do not stimulate my intelligence, but stagnate it, thank you.

ASN-121

Reaction score
Zero you're ridiculous. Stop being a condescending troll. That is the OP, so any talk that doesn't refer to his original suggestion is not relevant. Calm down, you're not God's gift to anything. You don't like it? Don't post. Go troll 4chan if you want attention and let the OP try to invoke progress. You don't like that progress? Feel free to say so, no need to be a dick about it. Every time I see you post, you try to start some stupid fight over nothing to try to prove your intellect. If that's not the case, then prove us all wrong; sit down, shut up, and only chime in if it's absolutely necessary.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

toastedoats

Reaction score
IN-BEFORE-THE-LOCK-3.jpg