Id rather carry spare batteries..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There is some reasoning to suggest that it does. Charging slower allows the battery time to more densely charge, essentially to allow it to find every free electron that it can store away in every tiny location available.

Also peak voltage at the end of the charging cycle which signals the end of charge will end high with both charge methods but remain high for a shorter period of time with rapid charge rather than trickle charging to the same voltage. Instead after rapid charging, the voltages will likely "relax" more due to that "saturation charge" cycle being on the heels of the rapid charging cycle. This means less power overall.

This is why fast charging is likely less efficient at attaining a full "saturation" charge, so it's quite possible that the same battery trickle charged versus QuickCharge 2.0 charged will yield a longer runtime for the same so-called "100% charge".

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Well has any opted to get an extended battery yet? I'm looking at getting the Anker for mine. I had a day at work where I took about 300 pictures and it killed the battery in about the hours. I'm torn on getting a bigger battery for those days or another stock battery to carry. They are about the same price. I kind of like the all in one feature of extended as I do think want to have to worry about remembering batteries.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I rarely have to pop my spare stock battery in. Today, I did around 5pm. Still sitting at 89%, so the 2 get me through the day. We've taken some day trips lately & I always grab the spare, but usually don't need it, especially with the car charger on the longer drives.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I rarely have to pop my spare stock battery in. Today, I did around 5pm. Still sitting at 89%, so the 2 get me through the day. We've taken some day trips lately & I always grab the spare, but usually don't need it, especially with the car charger on the longer drives.
With my job there are times I'm in a building with no signal and it kills the battery. Other times I am trying to pull info or ideas for a machine and the screen on time kills me. I have a battery pack but that isn't real convenient if I need to be using the phone. Most of the time my phone is in a cargo pocket so the added bulk won't matter. I was just hoping someone has some hands on with the Anker before I order it.

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I just ordered the Hyperion 8000 MaH battery.... Hoping to have it in before the 4th. I listened to music all day and my battery was down below 40% at 3:30. Android OS is showing all the use. Not sure what is up with that all of a sudden, thinking for some reason Rocket Player is showing up under there because it wasn't on the usage at all.. But I will look into that later.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Hyperion 8000 MaH battery.... Hoping to have it in before the 4th. I listened to music all day and my battery was down below 40% at 3:30. Android OS is showing all the use. Not sure what is up with that all of a sudden, thinking for some reason Rocket Player is showing up under there because it wasn't on the usage at all.. But I will look into that later.

Ever since the last Android Web View (or whatever it's called ) my Android System is my number 1 user
I got this to charge my rechargeable batteries and/devices
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OQ01W9I/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii
It even trickle charges on cloudy days, by lamp light or inside the house facing a window. It does a full speed charge even at 45 degrees from directly toward the sun on sunny days. They make a 15 watt one for quick charging big tablets while using but this one charges my Tab if it's powered off.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Ever since the last Android Web View (or whatever it's called ) my Android System is my number 1 user
I got this to charge my rechargeable batteries and/devices
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OQ01W9I/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii
It even trickle charges on cloudy days, by lamp light or inside the house facing a window. It does a full speed charge even at 45 degrees from directly toward the sun on sunny days. They make a 15 watt one for quick charging big tablets while using but this one charges my Tab if it's powered off.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Man I like that! How well does it charge phone if just listening to Pandora or something?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man I like that! How well does it charge phone if just listening to Pandora or something?

In full sun it's supposedly pushing 2 amps so it's pretty fast I'd say but I haven't used it to charge while using yet. I use it mostly for charging batteries.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Extended battery arrived today. So far I actually like the the added thickness it fits better in my hands. Going to try it for a few days and see what kind of life I get out of it

Note 4Tified

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The first charge cycle was incredible. Over 2 days. Now it doesn't seem as good this time around. But I know it probably takes a few charge cycles to "break in"

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Extended battery arrived today. So far I actually like the the added thickness it fits better in my hands. Going to try it for a few days and see what kind of life I get out of it

Note 4Tified
I totally agree. I got an extended battery for my OG Droid and Droid Incredible and found the added thickness an unexpected pleasure. It just felt good in my hands, as you pointed out plus *solving* the problem of a quick draining battery.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic and TapaTalk version 2.4.15 ...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. I got an extended battery for my OG Droid and Droid Incredible and found the added thickness an unexpected pleasure. It just felt good in my hands, as you pointed out plus *solving* the problem of a quick draining battery.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic and TapaTalk version 2.4.15 ...
My Notes have been the only phones I've ever had that had the ability to change to a bigger battery that I didn't add the extended for the sole purpose of better feel in hand with a side benefit of longer life between charges. My Dare, Inc 1 and Rezound were far better to hold for me with the extra girth but those are just my favorite examples. The S View cover on my Note4 makes it feel just right and an Otterbox Defender was the magic for my Note2.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4