Ics???!

Krennel

Reaction score
kevozworld said:
Wait, so did you own the iPhone or the Android first? And I was beginning to worry about that GPS feature too. I rely heavily on that when I'm going places with friends.

I had the iPhone first. I got the 4 last January when it initially came to Verizon, and traded in August when the Dinc2's started to get to a good contract price.

As far as the GPS function goes, the built in map on iOS doesn't have turn by turn built in. My favorite app I used (and my sister sill uses) on iOS is Waze. Definately doesn't compare to Google Maps however.

On a side note to that, you also can't click on an address and have it go to a set maps app. You have to physically copy the address, open up the app, paste the address, and on some GPS apps, punch in your current address, then punch go. Way too many steps just to find out where you are going. Siri can input into the built in maps app, if she happens to understand you.

Apple has been talking about adding the click functionality and the turn by turn directions in, but they are having trouble going around patents, and I'm sure they don't want to look like they are copying Android features again.

TL;DR: If GPS is a big thing for you, Apple will work, but Android is most definately superior in this case.

- Kren

Lownignitus

Reaction score
Unless the iPhone 5 has a major hardware upgrade. It will pale compared to any high end android phone like the Maxx or Nexus.

Nit trolling or anything, but the 4s hardware does not impress me one bit.

Other question is why upgrade to the 4s in the 2nd quater when the iPhone 5 is rumored to come out in 3rd to 4th? Why be stuck with inferior hardware for 2 yrs?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Krennel

Reaction score
Lownignitus said:
Unless the iPhone 5 has a major hardware upgrade. It will pale compared to any high end android phone like the Maxx or Nexus.

Nit trolling or anything, but the 4s hardware does not impress me one bit.

Other question is why upgrade to the 4s in the 2nd quater when the iPhone 5 is rumored to come out in 3rd to 4th? Why be stuck with inferior hardware for 2 yrs?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is also very true. I'm sure Apple is in the course of doing a hardware revamp after the HTC One and Galaxy 3 have come out.

Sent from Sector 001

summit21

Reaction score
Can anyone say thread hijack.... is there any update as to when the DInc2 will get ICS?

Krennel

Reaction score
summit21 said:
Can anyone say thread hijack.... is there any update as to when the DInc2 will get ICS?

If there is one thing I know how to do well, its hijack a thread.

I don't think there has been any official time from HTC on when any of the models they plan to upgrade will be upgraded. Most people are still guessing Q3-4 for the Dinc2.

Sent from Sector 001

Last edited:

EVoorhees

Reaction score
kevozworld said:
Well, I appreciate all the input and opinionated replies from everyone. Even if some of them were extremely negative. I am going to purchase an iPhone when I get home this coming week. I just want to try a new phone and OS for a change.

Ok? No negative thoughts towards you hardcore android people. I like my Droid INC2 alot, I'm just pretty much bored of it. I thought getting ICS a little sooner would keep me on the device after spicing things up a bit. Oh well.

Best of luck. :D

EVoorhees

Reaction score
Krennel said:
If there is one thing I know how to do well, its hijack a thread.

I don't think there has been any official time from HTC on when any of the models they plan to upgrade will be upgraded. Most people are still guessing Q3-4 for the Dinc2.

Sent from Sector 001

There have been some models that have been upgraded to ICS already. Nevertheless, the devices upgraded were mostly on AT&T. As someone stated before, it had been said that the ICS update for the INCREDIBLE 2 has been approved but OTA is taking a nice time with itself.

Krennel

Reaction score
EVoorhees said:
There have been some models that have been upgraded to ICS already. Nevertheless, the devices upgraded were mostly on AT&T. As someone stated before, it had been said that the ICS update for the INCREDIBLE 2 has been approved but OTA is taking a nice time with itself.

Eh, that's the Big Red for ya. For some reason they always balk at putting big updates out.

EVoorhees

Reaction score
Krennel said:
Eh, that's the Big Red for ya. For some reason they always balk at putting big updates out.

That is true. When I got my phone, it was outdated and OTA took its sweet time. In the end, we are all getting a long past due update.

romedroidman

Reaction score
I had heard sometime in May for the IC2, but if that should not come to pass, cometh ye not to my abode with pitchforks and flaming sticks. It's just what I heard.

EVoorhees

Reaction score
romedroidman said:
I had heard sometime in May for the IC2, but if that should not come to pass, cometh ye not to my abode with pitchforks and flaming sticks. It's just what I heard.

Lol. Hopefully we will all get it. :D

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just playing with a co-workers Nexus. O man. ICS is sweet. Daddy wants. lol
I love the way you can swipe in the Notification Bar to remove Notifications. <3

Come on HTC! :D

sjpritch25

Reaction score
I would be surprised if its not till the end of summer. I would imagine we are going to be one of the last ones to be upgraded. I fine with CM9 and no camcorder and flash. I can't say i use it much anyways. ICS is running pretty good via AOSP.

phonetool

Reaction score
I'm on aeroevan's CM9 and it runs damn well.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2