ICS When? or none

Volkaru

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see too much of a need for ICS on this phone, as much as some people may hate it, most of the things you can do in ICS, sense 3.5 already does, if you look at the list of features side-by-side, there isn't a huge amount of things that ICS offers that sense 3.5 doesn't already have in some form or another. So I'm perfectly fine with waiting for a while for ICS, especially with how horrible of a time a lot of Gnex users are having, especially needing to run most apps in a slower compatibility mode.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see too much of a need for ICS on this phone, as much as some people may hate it, most of the things you can do in ICS, sense 3.5 already does, if you look at the list of features side-by-side, there isn't a huge amount of things that ICS offers that sense 3.5 doesn't already have in some form or another. So I'm perfectly fine with waiting for a while for ICS, especially with how horrible of a time a lot of Gnex users are having, especially needing to run most apps in a slower compatibility mode.
Sense 3.5 doesn't support multi-core processors. ICS does. ICS is going to get these phones threading like they should be, not single core + overflow.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It does, but for me, ICS means better support for dual core processing, and having the UI use the graphics processor to accelerate it, etc... I want the power and GPU acceleration. As for the eye candy, I have 90% of that already with Go Launcher or Sense.

Channeldave

Reaction score
I just installed Go Launcher and used clean tools. Thanks for this! Quick question, in the app tray I still have icons for the VZ bloat apps, they are the generic android white/green icons. Are they supposed to be there?

Last edited: