ICS this week?

rda990

Reaction score
Ok so if you get the update and upload the file, how do the rest of us update our phones from that file? I haven't rooted or flashed a ROM since I had my original Moto Droid. I didn't need to do anything with my Droid R2D2 or my HTC Thunderbolt so I'm way out of practice on flashing and rooting:biggrin:

Easily, drop it into your EXTERNAL sd card, reboot into recovery (MUST be stock recovery and stock everything, or else won't work) and then just update it from there, if I get it i'll post step-by-step instructions to make it easier.

bjmoore30

Reaction score
Easily, drop it into your EXTERNAL sd card, reboot into recovery (MUST be stock recovery and stock everything, or else won't work) and then just update it from there, if I get it i'll post step-by-step instructions to make it easier.

Someone on droidpolice.com posted a link for the file on their dropbox account but it was temporarily diabled for generating too much traffic :-( I cannot wait to get some ICS love. That face unlocker sounds awesome. Like I said, I'm tired of the girls I work with messin with my phone.

jaybogg

Reaction score
So nobody has actually gotten the upgrade yet, just the notification? Sorry if this is already understood by others, but I've been elsewhere for a while.

If someone already answered you, great...My answer, "yes you are correct"(as usual!!:biggrin:) Two people claimed to get the OTA earlier today, I think one posted this evening he was mistaken, I feel the other one was mistaken as well.

Edit: Guess I was right also...just saw someone already answered you.

Last edited:

Deraldean

Reaction score
now here is a bit of a dum question will the ICS let us have more than the 5 home screens that GB gives us or can we add more?

All throught from what i see it looks like it will be a nice little upgrade....i wonder if it will glich alot for me with my luck ill get one of the updates that hass alot of problems lol

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
now here is a bit of a dum question will the ICS let us have more than the 5 home screens that GB gives us or can we add more?

All throught from what i see it looks like it will be a nice little upgrade....i wonder if it will glich alot for me with my luck ill get one of the updates that hass alot of problems lol

Not a dumb question at all. From what I remember from my Galaxy Nexus ICS has either 5 or 7 home screens. And of course there are launchers that will allow you to have even more.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
5 screens only. As Garemlin said, you can add a launcher (even an ICS Launcher) to give you even greater control, more screens, moving dock, lots of enhancements.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
o ok good i usualy use 8 but 7 will do

I remember back in the early days of the Droid we only had 3. I always wished for more and eventually got them. Now I typically use 2 and one for my calender. Gotta love folders and scrolling docks. Keeps the homes creens clean.

bjmoore30

Reaction score
I remember back in the early days of the Droid we only had 3. I always wished for more and eventually got them. Now I typically use 2 and one for my calender. Gotta love folders and scrolling docks. Keeps the homes creens clean.

I remember when the original Droid went from 3 to five screens and we all flipped our lids. That was the last time I rooted a droid and ran leaked software :-D

So what's the face unlocker like? That is the most anticipated feature for me. ANyone running the leak and can tell me how well it works? do glasses affect the unlocker?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
5 screens only. As Garemlin said, you can add a launcher (even an ICS Launcher) to give you even greater control, more screens, moving dock, lots of enhancements.

I recall there is one launcher that actually allows you to have up to 11 home screens. I couldn't even imagine having that many.

Deraldean

Reaction score
I recall there is one launcher that actually allows you to have up to 11 home screens. I couldn't even imagine having that many.

hey Go launcher lets u have as many as u like i think i remember having like 12 of them......

DC 1127

Reaction score
Waiting on this update is like when a meteorologist says there's a chance its going to snow on a school night so you stay up late waiting for snow lol most of the time it doesn't come.

Deraldean

Reaction score
I remember when the original Droid went from 3 to five screens and we all flipped our lids. That was the last time I rooted a droid and ran leaked software :-D

So what's the face unlocker like? That is the most anticipated feature for me. ANyone running the leak and can tell me how well it works? do glasses affect the unlocker?

i haven't hear anything good from the face unlocker most ppl are complaining that it eats to much power it keeps the camera on like all the time i think

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

It does OK. I haven't tried it with glasses. In low light situations or if it doesn't recognize your face, you have to use a PIN or pattern lock. IMO, its a cool feature, but not that secure. My brother looks nothing like me and he has been able to unlock it, whereas I can take the phone and it won't recognize me