ICS someone in Europe ???

DamianD

Reaction score
For about 1 week I saw the OTA update to ICS is available on Razr/Maxx.
I want to know if there are Razr's owners from Europe who have installed it. If yes, are you experienced issues/bugs like the U.S. owners ?? It worth the upgrade or it's better to stay on GB ?

lance71e

Reaction score
I did it some 10 days ago. Battery's life even better than on GB, performed FDR after the update though. Also performed FOXKAT's meter training. So, I can say, definitely yes it's worth the upgrade!

And, BTW, my sincere thanks for FOXKAT's wonderful job!

OP
DamianD

DamianD

Reaction score
Have you experienced issues/negative performances at certain functions? Or have you noticed some bugs in Os?
On GB I have one big problem with receiving sms ( I only receive them after the phone re-start, in the first 24h, then I didn't get them 'til the next reboot)

lance71e

Reaction score
Same SMS bug for me as well...keep your phone on 3G only and it shouldn't occur anymore...so far ICS works flawlessly on my maxx.

OP
DamianD

DamianD

Reaction score
You still have the SMS bug on ICS ?? Please tell me that you haven't...please!

OP
DamianD

DamianD

Reaction score
Thanks God, for me was a nightmare this issue.
Anyone else with the ICS on the Razr?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
somebody, someone... ???

There aren't a lot of European RAZR users around here. While everyone is more than welcome, and we'll certainly do everything we can to help anyone out, this forum is called Droid Forums because the focus is on Verizon Android devices, particularly those included in the Droid line (which is exclusive to Verizon). Since the focus is on devices on a single carrier in the U.S., there aren't too many people who have your exact device. This is particularly the case since Verizon is a CDMA/LTE carrier, so hardly anyone would be using an imported unlocked GSM devices either.

I suggest taking a look through the RAZR forum over at XDA-Developers. There are many European GSM users there, and you're much more likely to get more timely and more accurate information. :)

OP
DamianD

DamianD

Reaction score
Thanks bsweetness. I read the XDA-Developers from time to time but nothing edifying till now. I guess I'll go to ICS with my old white Razr to see how it works. I don't want to risk the Maxx :)

OP
DamianD

DamianD

Reaction score
Same SMS bug for me as well...keep your phone on 3G only and it shouldn't occur anymore...so far ICS works flawlessly on my maxx.

Finally I decided to update my Maxx and after 10 days on ICS I found I still have the SMS problem (I don't receive SMS/MMS, only rarely or occasionally).
You said that you don't have it on ICS. Also you give me the tip to stay only on 3G, but in my country are many dead spots on 3G and I go off signal very often.
I want to ask you if you keep your phone only on 3G even on ICS? Have you checked the receiving of SMS on 2G or Automatic?

lance71e

Reaction score
I guess 2G would be better than Auto( for battery's life). But, as far as I know, 3G is way better than 2G even for voice purposes. I never used 2G or Auto mode. Maybe your SMS settings are not correct?

OP
DamianD

DamianD

Reaction score
no, unfortunately not my settings are the problem. It's the same old same SMS/MMS bug in the Asia soft version. First I updated my old White Razr and everything works fine. The issue recurred on my MAXX only.
The strangest thing - old Razr was updated without micro-sim (I had put it in another phone while updating). The MAXX had the sim inside while updating.....
Now I saw THIS

OP
DamianD

DamianD

Reaction score
Seems ridiculous, but three days since I followed the advice and put a brand new micro-sim everything is just fine. Text messages works flawless! I hope this will helpful to others.