ics downloaded

jaseman

Reaction score
Since the phone is giving you so much trouble, why not install the .215 leak? It may fix all your problems. If it doesn't you can use an available utility here in the forum to go back to stock .211 and then take in to a Verizon store and let them replace it.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Where can I find the .215 leak? Does the phone have to be rooted?
Verizon won't replace it :( Their answer was to turn the phone off for a week, then do an FDR and that should fix it....needless to say it didn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't understand why Verizon won't replace it. It is still under warranty. Has it been rooted? If not, then it should be covered.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
It has never been rooted. They won't replace it, it was purchased from Verizon.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What is the reason they won't replace it. It is still under warranty. This is a razr, correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jaseman

Reaction score
OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I downloaded & installed the .215
the phone is still rebooting itself
When downloading an app it takes forever, I have to reboot the phone for it to finish and install. The phone is still pretty much useless. I still have gingerbread on my Maxx and pray I don't accidentally hit "install now" I don't need two useless phones, nor can I afford another.
If they come out with an ics fix, will I have to get rid of the .215?
Are there any leaks out now that will fix the issues I am still having?

audinutt

Reaction score
They should replace the phone especially since it is getting hot, i would call verizon, explain you have done factory reset and still are having issues with it becoming hot and unresponsive, they will replace it with a clnr unit.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
They won't replace the phone which is why I am trying so hard to fix this one.
I purchased it at an "authorized Verizon dealer" vs a regular Verizon store which is why I assume they won't replace it.
I need to fix it.

vatothe0

Reaction score
They won't replace the phone which is why I am trying so hard to fix this one.
I purchased it at an "authorized Verizon dealer" vs a regular Verizon store which is why I assume they won't replace it.
I need to fix it.

Sounds like you purchased a used phone then. There is no reason they wouldn't replace it under these circumstances unless it is out of warranty or we aren't getting the full story.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
It was a brand new phone, it is less than a year old, and there is no story, they won't replace it. I don't need a hard time, I have no reason to hide anything, I just need to get the phone working properly.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Verizon will replace a phone under warranty no matter where you purchase it. Doesn't matter if you purchased it used off Ebay, craigslist, new from best buy, Amazon...they don't care as long as it is under a year old. The only exceptions to this is if you have an outstanding bill and they discontinued service, the phone is stolen or it is damaged by the user (cracked screen, disassembled by user, cracked or broken casing). They should replace it because it is less than a year old...and if not, they should give you a clear reasonable explanation why not.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Yes, it is the Razr. I don't mean to sound rude, they won't return it, I had to purchase a new phone, there is nothing shady going on. Can someone help me rather than give me a hard time about returning the phone? I fought with them, I am current, and still with them.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What is the reason they give for not doing an exchange?