ICS OTA Bugs!

Tkelch

Reaction score
Rezound now automatically reboots every time I use Local Places

I upgraded to ICS almost 2 weeks ago. Suddenly, yesterday, my phone started to reboot EVERY time I tried to use Local Places to find a location near me. I took the battery out several times, took the phone to Verizon and they did a factory reset 3 times. The issue stopped for a few hours, now it is back at it. Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!!

NeedMoreFAR

Reaction score
I upgraded to ICS almost 2 weeks ago. Suddenly, yesterday, my phone started to reboot EVERY time I tried to use Local Places to find a location near me. I took the battery out several times, took the phone to Verizon and they did a factory reset 3 times. The issue stopped for a few hours, now it is back at it. Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!!

This may be your problem: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-general-discussions/220710-do-not-install-maps-update-your-rezound.html

corki2

Reaction score
My ext-sd card keeps unmounting when I reboot. I have to go into storage settings and re-mount it. I flashed 12 ICS. I did a reset via settings.

Sent from my Rezound

Islander53

Reaction score

davidm2

Reaction score
Seen several of these problems since OTA updating to ICS... random reboots (not associated with any aspect og Google Maps), phone quick launch bar changing or losing apps, unmounting SD card. Put it down to incomplete HTC tesating and lack of quality control. Replacement Rezound going back to VZW because the standard HYC charging cable works, but the cigarette lighter cable from VZW doesn't -- the charging light glows orange, but the battery discharges!

Bottom line, thinking about almost any other non-HTC phone with full HD display. Difficult to be worse than the experience I've had with the Rezound.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
davidm2 said:
Seen several of these problems since OTA updating to ICS... random reboots (not associated with any aspect og Google Maps), phone quick launch bar changing or losing apps, unmounting SD card. Put it down to incomplete HTC tesating and lack of quality control. Replacement Rezound going back to VZW because the standard HYC charging cable works, but the cigarette lighter cable from VZW doesn't -- the charging light glows orange, but the battery discharges!

Bottom line, thinking about almost any other non-HTC phone with full HD display. Difficult to be worse than the experience I've had with the Rezound.

My Rezound works flawless, and has since the begining, its now on .12 ICS, with no issues.

Reaction score
I just got the ota ics update a couple days ago. So far its pretty cool. When I try to use the key board it gives me a notification to select my input method. Done it a few times and it keeps coming back. Does any one know how to stop this from happening?

Oh and I'm using a rezound.

Well I should've looked one thread down. It answered my question.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The notification is just the new way ICS gives you to change your input method. Used to be you press and hold on the text box to bring up the select input method, now it is in the notification bar. It will always appear anytime you use the keyboard... no way to change it but you get used to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

MJKneuro

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
The notification is just the new way ICS gives you to change your input method. Used to be you press and hold on the text box to bring up the select input method, now it is in the notification bar. It will always appear anytime you use the keyboard... no way to change it but you get used to it.

Unless you go to keyboard settings and uncheck the options, including google voice.

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Took the OTA when it was first available...had quite a few issues. Factory reset and then slowly adding apps over the last few weeks as needed and I can honestly say, I REALLY like the update! I haven't experienced random reboots, Sense doesn't crash like it did on GB....battery on idle (screen off) is much better...just an overall better experience.
If you are having problems and haven't done a factory reset, just do it. I think for a majority of people this will fix issues. Also, add your apps back slowly. Yes, this is a kind of a pain but you will find out which apps cause problems because there are ones that just don't play nice.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
^^^ plus 1000^^^

droid.user

Reaction score
playon has informed me htc released an incomplete version of ics. says it does not support hls video.

DeeDee

Reaction score
My phone doin same thing since ICS update. WiFi will not connect. I have excellent signal strengthen & everything looks good, except it will not connect. Did factory resets & numerous things , even spent 2hours on phone with the higher tch support. Very frustrated .

MJKneuro

Reaction score
DeeDee said:
My phone doin same thing since ICS update. WiFi will not connect. I have excellent signal strengthen & everything looks good, except it will not connect. Did factory resets & numerous things , even spent 2hours on phone with the higher tch support. Very frustrated .

Silly question, but are other phones able to connect g to this Wi-Fi?

DeeDee

Reaction score
Wifi will not connect

Silly question? Yes my sons Droid connects, so does my iPad & computer. My Rezound never had a problem till the ICS update. It scans, says connecting, then goes to disconnected.