ICS on the MAXX

William_04_x

Reaction score
I always like my display at 100%. I ticked the display power box in settings, and turned the display brightness down 3 little notches. I don't see any difference in intensity, my battery is lasting longer, and the screen doesn't get as hot. Cranked all the way up seemed like it was overdriving the display, if that's possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Reaction score
ripper2860 said:
Widgetsoid works for me. I created a widget that toggles screen brightness between 25/50/100/Auto.

Widgetsoid is pretty cool but it does not work for me. I am wondering if I am the only one having this problem. The thing that is happening is that all these widgets that I have tried can set the screen brightness to automatic but cannot change it out of automatic. The screen brightness will stay the same no matter what I set it to in the widget and when I open the display brightness in Android settings it says its at set brightness that the widget said it set it to but will only change the brightness when I click ok. Weird!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
chrisyouwanttknow said:
Widgetsoid is pretty cool but it does not work for me. I am wondering if I am the only one having this problem. The thing that is happening is that all these widgets that I have tried can set the screen brightness to automatic but cannot change it out of automatic. The screen brightness will stay the same no matter what I set it to in the widget and when I open the display brightness in Android settings it says its at set brightness that the widget said it set it to but will only change the brightness when I click ok. Weird!

Smart actions will let you set by 1% increments...
I use that set for home wifi... other times I just use the built in power control widget.

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Reaction score
thaDroidz said:
Smart actions will let you set by 1% increments...
I use that set for home wifi... other times I just use the built in power control widget.

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Thanks for the input. But from what I see smart actions only allow you to set the screen brightness to a certain level if whatever trigger you setup has happened. Also the default power widget does work to a degree. It let's you switch between Auto, half and full brightness. But there is no slider. I am looking for a slider that be put on my home screen to adjust the brightness. But like I stated before I have yet to find one that works since the ICS update. Thanks again!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. But from what I see smart actions only allow you to set the screen brightness to a certain level if whatever trigger you setup has happened. Also the default power widget does work to a degree. It let's you switch between Auto, half and full brightness. But there is no slider. I am looking for a slider that be put on my home screen to adjust the brightness. But like I stated before I have yet to find one that works since the ICS update. Thanks again!

There's a slider in the display menu under brightness. Hope this helps.

a6fa241f-13ec-5a17.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Squeak87

Reaction score
I was on Facebook a little bit earlier and after about 15 minutes I realized my Maxx's screen was getting rather warm. This has never happened before. Does anyone know what this is caused by? Maybe just overworking my phone?

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Squeak87 said:
I was on Facebook a little bit earlier and after about 15 minutes I realized my Maxx's screen was getting rather warm. This has never happened before. Does anyone know what this is caused by? Maybe just overworking my phone?

Just a lot of use. The phone has definitely always had that screen heating issue. I've never had it be uncomfortable but absolutely noticeable.

Squeak87

Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
Just a lot of use. The phone has definitely always had that screen heating issue. I've never had it be uncomfortable but absolutely noticeable.

Alright thanks. It just made me nervous, never happened to me before so I thought it best to ask.

Reaction score
JohnnytheK said:
There's a slider in the display menu under brightness. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input. But I know that there is a slider there. I want a widget that has a slider on it. Going into the display properties every time is to many steps and to much of a hassle. Thanks again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks. Didn't think it really would but I had to ask.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

In the grand scheme of things it will consume less power since it will use less CPU clock cycles and less RAM, and less of the GPU cycles but those are such small portions of the totals that its unremarkable. What really use power are the screen, cellular data (4G, 3G), Bluetooth, GPS, and WIFI (not necessarily in that order.

omar908

Reaction score
chrisyouwanttknow said:
Thanks for the input. But I know that there is a slider there. I want a widget that has a slider on it. Going into the display properties every time is to many steps and to much of a hassle. Thanks again.

Notification toggle app gives you the ability for the screen bar

Squeak87

Reaction score
Thank you FoxKat. So the fact that I was using my data and had the screen on that long was the reason it started to heat up? I am currently in the process of using your guide to train my battery meter. I have been getting good battery life so maybe this will extend it more.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
omar908 said:
Notification toggle app gives you the ability for the screen bar

+1. Love it and the brightness toggle works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

omar908

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
+1. Love it and the brightness toggle works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Good to hear! :) glad i could be of some service

Squeak87

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with the stock keyboard on ICS? It seems like my spacebar doesn't always register when I click it.