ICS on droid 4, music and multimedia ....

zero7404

Reaction score
I've got a few questions about how music and multimedia is handled in ICS on the d4.

with regard to music, i've noticed android was never really quite compatible with itunes tagged files, sometimes songs that are part of the same album would list separately in album view .... so if i didn't import a playlist or make one on the phone, to listen to an album i'd have to go and touch each song in the order i want to hear them.

what about video formats and support for mp4's ? i have a bunch of HD movies in mp4 format. they are full 1920x1080, with relatively moderate bitrates (4-6Mbps). i can water them down to play on the phone, but i'm not sure of which formats ICS can handle, what kind of video frame size, audio channels, bitrates, etc. is there also a file size limitation for videos ?

nowell29

Reaction score
I can't speak for videos, but treat your music as a standard MP3 player. If your tags are messed up on the file level, then they will show that way. That being said, most media players will handle files differently. This is part of the *nix world rolling into a mobile OS. The author tends to do what they wish with the files and how they are presented. I sometimes wish I could take this feature out of this player and put it into this player. I love and interface on one, and a file handling method on another.

If you are used to itunes tags, i would make sure that anything you organize in itunes writes those changes to the files themselves, and i might suggest you take a look at those same files in a computer media player that is not itunes. You will likely find the same behavior in that program as you are currently finding in android. I dont think you are having an ICS specific problem or manifestation.

But then again, maybe i am completely wrong. :) Just my two cents...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk