Droid Music Players Are Still Unorganized After Editing ID3 Tags

CollinKindred87

Reaction score
I've been getting loads of music from Tunee Music (great app btw) and onto my phone, then hooking my phone up to the PC-based MP3tag program to edit the album art, album, artist, etc.. Anyways, I organized the songs in an album from 1 to whatever number the last track should be, and even then, I find that some albums have songs all over the place, I'll have the song with the ID3 Tag 1, right before another with the ID3 Tag 4, and the thing is, when I view the ID3 Tag (INSIDE THE MUSIC PLAYER) they're still correct, the songs are just out of place, where the first song should come first, followed by the second, third, fourth, and so on and so forth, like a normal album. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so I hope someone can help me before I switch to Sprint =)

falk

Reaction score
Here's a problem I ran into recently: it turns out that there are two standards for ID3 tags, v1 and v2. I used an id3 v1 editor to add tags to all of my songs, when they turned out to have incomplete id3v2 tags produced by itunes.

The Android music player and media classifier will use v2 tags in preference to v1 tags if they're both present. It took me hours to figure out why my changes weren't having any effect.

Since the v2 tags didn't contain anything useful, I solved the problem by getting the "id3v2" editor for Linux and simply deleting the v2 tags from all of the mp3 files.