ICS Lockscreen App shortcuts.. can you change them?

Snare

Reaction score
Go to manage apps and disable the stock messaging app.

LeoBloom

Reaction score
But ... that just get's rid of the app from the lockscreen. How do we replace it?

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Is it based on whatever is currently set to default? When I updated to ICS, Handcent SMS was already set as the lockscreen messaging app.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You probably can't but you can use a app called WidgetLocker which will do that and a whole lot more! I heard about it around here a few days ago and bought it and I LOVE it! You gain all kinds of options with it. :biggrin:

LeoBloom

Reaction score
I've used widget locker but I prefer to keep to the native implementations of anything, mostly because things look like they are unified by some stylistic theme.

Lars, I've set Google Voice to default for texting from the people app and the people widget, but it still shows the native text msging app in the lockscreen... :(

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Lars, I've set Google Voice to default for texting from the people app and the people widget, but it still shows the native text msging app in the lockscreen... :(

Hmmm...I just checked a few settings and the only thing I have in place is Handcent SMS as my default messenger. I wish I could help you out but I don't know what I did because it was pre-set for me. However, what is strange is Camera360 was/is set as my default camera, but as you can see, it does not appear on my lockscreen...

View attachment 52048

Last edited:

nyvideo

Reaction score
I just disabled the Stock Text Messaging and GO SMS Pro is now on my lock screen.

awriternot

Reaction score
So you can't just change the icon pic? Mine are all pink & I'd love to change those too...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You probably can't but you can use a app called WidgetLocker which will do that and a whole lot more! I heard about it around here a few days ago and bought it and I LOVE it! You gain all kinds of options with it. :biggrin:

WidgetLocker has been a favorite of mine since it first came out. I like seeing all of the OEMs using some of the ideas that WidgetLocker brought to the tablet first, but none of them give you the ability to customize that WidgetLocker offers.

karlo2012

Reaction score
I know you can the icons with a program like ADW or WidgetLocker (haven't tried this one yet)..ADW kind of reminds me of Windows Blinds for the computer. You can change individual icons or download a custom set of icons with ADW.

mooch91

Reaction score
However, what is strange is Camera360 was/is set as my default camera, but as you can see, it does not appear on my lockscreen...

View attachment 52048

I figured this one out. I have been using Camera ICS+ because I think it's a better camera than the stock Motorola one. But I couldn't get it to come up on the lock screen.

The reason was I had never set the camera to be the default one because I never needed to launch the camera other than through the home screen. What I did was to launch the camera from an icon in my gallery app (Gallery ICS for those who are interested) and it gave me the option to launch the stock camera or Camera ICS+. I chose Camera ICS+ and now it shows up as the camera on my lock screen. Hope this helps someone else.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
mooch91 said:
I figured this one out. I have been using Camera ICS+ because I think it's a better camera than the stock Motorola one. But I couldn't get it to come up on the lock screen.

The reason was I had never set the camera to be the default one because I never needed to launch the camera other than through the home screen. What I did was to launch the camera from an icon in my gallery app (Gallery ICS for those who are interested) and it gave me the option to launch the stock camera or Camera ICS+. I chose Camera ICS+ and now it shows up as the camera on my lock screen. Hope this helps someone else.

Very interesting! I just followed your suggestion to make Camera360 my default camera app, and after doing this, Camera360 is on my lockscreen but Handcent is not. Perhaps there is a glitch that only allows one custom app on the lockscreen? I made no changes to any messaging app, only set Camera360 to default but the stock messenger replaced Handcent. I'm going to play around with this some more, but this might shed some light on how to customize the lockscreen without using an app.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Very interesting! I just followed your suggestion to make Camera360 my default camera app, and after doing this, Camera360 is on my lockscreen but Handcent is not. Perhaps there is a glitch that only allows one custom app on the lockscreen? I made no changes to any messaging app, only set Camera360 to default but the stock messenger replaced Handcent. I'm going to play around with this some more, but this might shed some light on how to customize the lockscreen without using an app.

Have you tried disabling the stock text messaging app? Other users have reported that doing this has added Handcent to their lockscreen because it forces the system to recognize it as the default texting app.