ics error

lukedroid2015

Reaction score
After getting the new ics 4.0.4 update to load it keeps giving me an android.process.acore error report. I've gotten it so far 3 times during this forums thread. Anyone got any ideas?

eye_dea

Reaction score
When I googled your error I found this:

I solved this problem yesterday. My phone was giving me the same error every 2 seconds. Motorola customer service said to factory reset. I read about someone having this problem on a tablet a few months ago and it was linked to their contacts, so I cleared all of my contacts then restarted the phone. Contacts resynced and error disappeared and hasn't been back since. Now I'm happy with ICS. Hope this helps.

AND

This is what worked for me. My Droid 4 had this happen after it synced contacts like it does weekly.

1.Go offline
2.Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Services Framework, hit Force Stop
3.Go back a level, go to Gmail, hit Force Stop and Clear Data
4.Go back a level, go to Contacts, hit Force Stop and Clear Data
5.Go back a level, go to Contacts Storage, hit Force Stop and Clear Data
6.Repeat steps 2, 4 and 5 for good measure
7.Reboot, just to be safe

All of my contacts were there when I turned my phone back on. So far, I haven't had the error message any more.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Don't do a factory reset unless you have to.
Do as the previous poster suggest & clear the data & cache for your contacts & let them re-sync from Google.
Some of the data seems to have been getting corrupted in the update to ICS & clearing the data out has been fixing these types of errors that are popping up.

Since you are only having issues with contacts I would just clear data on the contacts.
If you were have major issues than I would boot into recovery & clear data before doing a factory reset & having to reset everything up.