Icons pics won't appear after restart

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my app icons appearing after a restart. The only icons that do that are ones on the SD card and only when they're in folders. The apps show up but they're in that generic Android icon not the picture. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

KillerKPD

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my app icons appearing after a restart. The only icons that do that are ones on the SD card and only when they're in folders. The apps show up but they're in that generic Android icon not the picture. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

I got the same issue, I have apps in a folder, there are no icons in the folder but the icons show just fine in the main apps menu

jredenbaugh

Reaction score
Same issue here. Heard it has to do with start up writing the screen before mounting SD card.

Anyone have a fix?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JediX

Reaction score
I had this problem where all my apps stored on my SD card that had shortcuts stored within folders had the generic Android logo. This happened everytime I restarted my phone or unmounted then mounted my SD card. Right the fix......... go into settings/applications/manage applications/all and navigate to your launcher. I'm using a HTC desire hd so.my launcher is HTC sense. Some peeps may have installed a third party launcher. Anyways click force stop. Then press the home button. Your launcher should now restart. Your icon logos should now be back to normal and will be normal everytime you restart your phone.

Mendeldave

Reaction score
Brilliant! This worked, thanks so much. I love the Droid forum!

~Dave

Natey2

Reaction score
Which launcher has this problem?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk