Icon Options for LP dock?

Beka27

Reaction score
I asked a question in another thread, but I'm still confused. I have Launcher Pro Plus and am trying to use icons from a downloaded icon pack instead of the white LP icons I have now. I can set the icons on my screen without an issue using either Better Cut or Desktop Visualizer. I cannot, however, set them on the dock.

I'm guessing it's a simple fix, but I need some assistance from someone who has figured out how to do this on LP.

Here is what I do:
I long press on a dock space and it brings up the option to either 1) change shortcut, 2) change icon, or 3) add a "swipe gesture" action.

I press "change icon" but it takes me to my gallery and doesn't give me the option to browse thru an icon pack.

Does anyone with Launcher Pro (Plus) know how I can change this? I might have accidentally set "gallery" as default without realizing it, but I don't remember.

I have not uninstalled and reinstalled LP. Would that work or would this be a waste of time? And would I lose my "paid" status?

Thanks!

Wolf85

Reaction score
Use this guide from another forum:

androidforums.com/droid-x-tips-tricks/115618-how-custom-icons-your-droid-x.html

I used it and it works perfectly. Simple and easy to follow. I highly recommend the little droid icons that the guy links to as well

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

motoconvert

Reaction score
I always put the icon in a Icon folder on my SD card and then they show up in my gallery. I've been using 7zip to extract the icons from the .apk if you've downloaded the icon pack from the market. I hope that answers your question...:)

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Use this guide from another forum:

How To: Custom Icons For Your Droid X - Android Forums

I used this and it worked to perfection. Simple and easy to follow.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

AWESOME! This is basically what I did. Unfortunately I hadn't SEEN this response yet (lol...), so I managed to do something similar to this thru a whole lot of trial and error, but IT WORKED!!!

dancedroid